VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Escape Room Upcharge at Great Adventure - If added would you try it?

29yrswithaGApass

Escape Room Upcharge   

21 members have voted

1. 1. If Great Adventure added a high quality and reasonably priced set of amusement park themed upcharge escape rooms would you try it out?

• Yes - Those are fun.
    • No - Escape rooms have no place in an amusement park.
    • No - But I like the idea.
    • What is an escape room?

No, but I'm not going to vote no because I feel like they are an ok fit in a park and a good idea for something that a park could add but not something I would be interested in trying. I like the idea of them being amusement park themed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshi said:

No, but I'm not going to vote no because I feel like they are an ok fit in a park and a good idea for something that a park could add but not something I would be interested in trying. I like the idea of them being amusement park themed.

I updated the survey with another option that captures your point of view.  

• Like 1

I voted "No - but I like the idea".  I've only done one escape room (which I didn't have to pay for, if that matters) and while I enjoyed it, I don't think I would personally pay for it inside a theme park. I never ride Dare Devil Dive for a similar reason, despite really enjoying it. I paid to do the Heist once, years ago, just to see what it was. I'd enjoy doing it again, but I'm not going to pay (much) to do it again.

If an escape room were to open at Great Adventure, I'd be compelled to try it just so I can give my opinion on it. That is, assuming the price is reasonable. In comparison, I've held off visiting Santa during Holiday in the Park due to the price, even though I'm missing out on seeing what the experience and appearance is like inside the house. I don't even want a photo with Santa, I just want to see inside :P

I never done one before but I think an escape room can be a good fit if it is reasonably priced and can incorporate different themes and stories for different holidays. I'd say a price of between $5 and $10 per person is good and cheaper than most escape rooms and possible as the park has been lowering the prices of their upcharge attractions but they could raise the price if it's popular. The escape room in Cherry Hill I heard is pretty expensive and costs $30 per person do do one room.

18 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Remove two of the parks longest running rides for an upcharge?  Heck no!

A lot parks are removing their skyways, they can fit a Frisbee in that spot and just move Swashbuckler next to Cyborg so it can have a queue.

As for the Mine Train, I haven't ridden it so i don't know if NEEDS to go, but it will probably be going sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

A lot parks are removing their skyways, they can fit a Frisbee in that spot and just move Swashbuckler next to Cyborg so it can have a queue.

As for the Mine Train, I haven't ridden it so i don't know if NEEDS to go, but it will probably be going sooner or later.

I haven't ridden it since they supposedly replaced three pieces of track.  I wonder if it addressed the complaints about the jarring ride?  I think the Mine Train is important because there are very few options for patrons to experience a coaster that isn't extreme in one way or another.  GA is the king of extreme coasters, but offers little else for those that are not thrill seekers and graduated from the kiddie rides.

I also like the Sky Ride because it allows you a few minutes to relax and enjoy the view of the entire park.  It's an added benefit if you are tired and don't want to walk from one end to the other.

Edited by dougdrummer

• 2 weeks later...

I voted yes. I don't do the up charges but I might for one of these. I have never gone looking for an escape room but if there was a building with a couple of rooms in the park I might try it out. Depending on the price and the line to get in.