VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Giant Wheel

29yrswithaGApass

• 11 months later...

I was happy to see the pattern change on my last night visit - I thought it was gone. I wondered why so many lights were out too. For the most part they are random so it isn't as if an enitre lighting bar or section's wiring failed. I always heard long life was a major selling point of those new LEDs.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish the park would sometimes use more cars on the Big Wheel. It seems it is the only ride that they don't take advantage of the availble capacity. It kills me when they only load four of the 36 cars.

Are you serious that they would start a cycle with 32 cars empty? Just the electricity costs alone can not be justified with 4 cars utilized. Does this actually happen with people still standing in the cue?

• 1 year later...

The "Harry's Corner" in this edition (July 22-Aug 5) is not accurate when it comes to the Wheel at all. This year the light's do not change patterns at all, and about a 1/4 of them are out. Look's like nothing has been done or replaced since the re-hab year's ago. I thought LED's has a longer life? Granny's look's like bad with some of the scroll's out also. Are they letting it lapse until they prepare for HITP?

The year they did the re-hab it was awesome, some of the patters were really cool. But last night they were just "static", with alot of bulbs out. It was like that the Fireworks weekend also. They are my only night time visit's so far this year.

• 11 months later...

Time for a lightning package upgrade on the wheel. Last year was a complete joke Tons of lights out and not working. If they go with what all other parks are doing, they can do designs with the LEDs during special holidays and what not.

True. Classic SF corner-cutting on the much-touted lighting "upgrade" it got just a few years back.

• 9 months later...