VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Seaworld Parks & Entertainment Additions for 2020: Five New Rollercoasters Planned

Medusa42

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-new-rides-20180925-story.html

Drawings hint at another SeaWorld Orlando roller coaster?

By Gabrielle Russon Contact Reporter

Orlando Sentinel

SEPTEMBER 25, 2018, 1:45 PM

Plans for new rollercoasters throughout SeaWorld’s theme parks — including one that zooms 55 mph in Orlando — are circulating on social media and the blogosphere.

SeaWorld spokesman Travis Claytor confirmed Tuesday the images are real and pulled from a company presentation, although he stressed nothing has been made final or approved yet.

Claytor also referred back to the company’s goal of opening a new ride or event at each of its theme parks as part of a $150 million capital spending plan that interim CEO John Reilly previously announced earlier this year.

For the Orlando theme park, a concept drawing showed a launch roller coaster that would open in “May 2020 TBD” and would be built in a location in the park that was not stated. The ride would feature “airtime and banked turns inversions TBD,” the drawing said.

Images from: https://twitter.com/amusementleaks

Dn3utP7X0AU4MOl.jpg:large

Dn3mH7AWsAAJVRY.jpg:large

Dn3psVlXcAAt-99.jpg:large

Dn3yKHrXcAAtlar.jpg:large

Edited by Medusa42
Updated topic title to reflect 5 coasters
  • Like 1

It's great that they are continuing to add coasters to their parks so often. I'm a little surprised to see a 54" height requirement for BGW if they are calling the coaster type a family thrill coaster.

surprised nothing from Sesame Place was leaked.

The again:

2010-removed Rubber Ducky pond, new show, Around the Block retired {30th anniversary}

2011-Cloud Chaser, Neighborhood Street Party

2012-new show? (Let's Play Together)

2013-removed nets and climbs

2014-Cookie's Monterland (3 new rides and new nets and climbs, 2 rides rethemed), Elmo the Musical, 2 new shows during Spooktacular

2015-Neighborhood Street Party changed to celebrate park anniversary (new float added), Seasonal flats around Splash Castle  {35th anniversary}

2016-New show? (Magic of Art)

2017-Nothing (might have just added Julia as a walk around character)

2018-Oscar's Wacky Taxi

I'm predicting a Water Ride (behind Splash Castle or remove the slides in Elmo's World) as the last water ride was Count's Splash Castle in 2009. Not saying a water coaster, I don't think that's a good fit for the park (I think Sky Splash is good enough for that). Over Georgia put a flying scooters in DC Super Friends so I wonder if that is good fit for Sesame Place or not. It would probably be themed to Abby and put it so you can make more of a complete loop (like get dumped by Vapor Trail instead of on Sesame Neighborhood)

Sesame Place isn’t supposed to be getting these big additions every year.  They are the perfect park for the youngest of children, to families and to even thrill seekers (to some extent).  Hopefully they expand their water ride selection though.  They have a great group of slides.

14 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Sesame Place isn’t supposed to be getting these big additions every year.  They are the perfect park for the youngest of children, to families and to even thrill seekers (to some extent).  Hopefully they expand their water ride selection though.  They have a great group of slides.

I know that, I would've expected another water ride before even thinking about getting a second coaster. And if the do a new show, i'd guess they'd replace Magic of Art instead of Let's Play Together because the play structure in the Paradise theater looks fairly permanent (might have to move it for Spooktacular and off season, but still). I feel Let's Play Together will stay as long as it gets people watching it, loving it, and the play structure's ware and tare (i.e. when it life is about over...). I feel a show with Julia would be nice in the neighborhood theater (I feel it being "her show" will mean a lot).

Also, based off the track, they remove something before a huge investment year (I think 2017 might be the exception where they added Julia).

• 3 months later...

It will be the biggest coaster in their park and a huge addition to that park. It would have been nice to have something bigger, but they have to jump through so many hoops to build anything there with the city, state, and Coastal Commission all having to sign off and the neighbors complaining about everything they do.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, GAcoaster said:

It will be the biggest coaster in their park and a huge addition to that park. It would have been nice to have something bigger, but they have to jump through so many hoops to build anything there with the city, state, and Coastal Commission all having to sign off and the neighbors complaining about everything they do.

Especially after Blackfish tbh.

15 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

SeaWorld has been making a really big rebound in the past year with attendance and revenue gains. They've hit on a good strategy of pricing and festivals that's bringing guests back. 

That, and people have actual, real things to worry about so they aren't letting the captive orca issue sting their conscience.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Busch Gardens Tampa just announced that the RMC of Gwazi will be the tallest hybrid coaster in North America and the fastest & steepest hybrid coaster in the world.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/roller-coasters/2020/

Alan Schilke said at IAAPA that Zadra at Energylandia will take the tallest and fastest records from Steel Vengeance while sharing the steepest record.  So this coaster will be taller than Steel Vengeance, but shorter than Zadra.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The plans have leaked for the new coaster at Seaworld Orlando.  It appears to be a Premier Rides launch coaster, which makes sense because Universal is rumored to be working with Intamin again on the new Jurassic World coaster.

https://www.thecoasterkings.com/plans-reveal-new-details-about-seaworld-orlandos-2020-attraction/

So 5 new coasters at 5 parks by 5 different manufacturers for 2020.

SWO: Premier Rides

SWSD: B&M

SWSA: GCI

BGT: RMC

BGW: Intamin

If someone would have said 10 - 12 years ago Sea World would become the best park in Orlando for coasters, I would have thought there was no way that would happen.