VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 Theme Park Attendance Report

29yrswithaGApass

Knott’s should be in the number 10 spot if the data was accurate.  This information was in the Cedar Fair Q4 2018 Earnings Call.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/02/13/cedar-fair-lp-fun-q4-earnings-conference-call-tran.aspx

Knott's has grown, as we've said, to over 6 million people a year, probably the most attended regional theme park in the world now.

SFGAm numbers should be up about 200,000 coming off a highly successful Holiday in the Park.

Edited by Medusa42

Agreed. But the numbers only reflect the turnstile counts. Not the actual cash day only. Which MM gets more. So the cash intake for there is more then GA. And I think alot has to do with Season Passes. Before them we were the third most visited theme  park. And made money every year.  Now dont hate. just a fact. I also belive that Holloween, and Holiday in the Park. Should not be included in the passes.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

Always these things are guestimates anyway, since all the actual attendance numbers are confidential. 

I've always questioned how they arrive at these numbers and what they count. When parks like Magic Kingdom, Universal, Busch Gardens have "hard ticket" holiday events for Halloween and Christmas, do they count towards the overall attendance or does that get thrown out? And if they count it, what if someone has a ticket for the daytime regular park hours and the night time special event? Is that one admission or two? The whole thing is subject to interpretation...

Ok 29yrs you first with a park hopper is one park at a time for the cheapest and no rentry, un less you want to use another swipe. In other eords one park aat a time. Then you have the next which is unlimited hopping. And most would go broke, buying them for a family of 4. 

Now GA for Mickeys Not So Scary and Christmas. Yes they close the park. at 5pm and reopen at 7pm. And even reosrt quests must have a seperate hard ticket for thses. Belive me worked MK guest relations and it was a mess. 

Looks like they incorrectly put Cedar Point Shores Waterpark instead of just Cedar Point. Odd.

Also looks like the first time in years that SeaWorld Orlando didn't lose attendance. In fact, no park in the NA top 20 lost attendance, although there a few 0% changes.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

• 4 months later...

I wonder if Six Flags would be interested in operating La Feria De Chapultepec.  It is really close to Six Flags Mexico, but has almost 1.6 million visitors per year according to TEA/AECOM.  The Mexican government just revoked the operating permit from the current operator after a fatal rollercoaster accident.