VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Adventure Drops Main Gate Price by $10

GAcoaster

Press Release From Six Flags Great Adventure:

Six Flags Great Adventure Drops Main Gate Price by $10

Tuesday May 27, 12:01 am ET

Better entertainment, better service, better value and close to home

JACKSON, N.J., May 27 /PRNewswire/ -- In conjunction with the grand opening of its newest attractions, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Glow in the Park parade, Six Flags Great Adventure announced today it is dropping the regular main gate price by $10, effective May 27 for a limited time only.

"With the rising costs of food, living expenses and airfare, families are looking for ways to stretch their dollars and need an affordable entertainment option that is close to home," said Mark Kane, park president at Six Flags Great Adventure. "We are dropping our prices, yet adding more value and thrills for our guests with additional concerts, special events and new attractions like THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, all at family-friendly prices."

THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, an indoor, dark coaster based on the upcoming Warner Bros. movie THE DARK KNIGHT; and Glow in the Park spectacular nighttime parade join the exciting thrill and entertainment line-up at the park that comprises more than 60 rides and attractions including 13 major coasters such as El Toro and Kingda Ka, the tallest, fastest coaster in the world; four children's areas including Wiggles World and an exciting show line-up including new dolphin and tiger shows.

Six Flags Great Adventure is proud to bring back the immensely popular Starburst® Thursday Night Concert Series and introduce a new series - Sunday Rocks! presented by DanceDanceRevolution® with some of the industry's hottest artists including Mario, Flo Rida, Raven, Natasha Bedingfield, Good Charlotte and much more. The park will also present the Live & Local Music Showcase featuring talented local bands Saturday and Sunday nights at the Festival Stage.

"The entertainment value this year also includes more concerts, exciting animal shows, live music, character meet-and-greets and more," said Kane. "We are reducing our ticket price, yet continuing to offer our guests world-class entertainment options at a more affordable price."

Six Flags Great Adventure is open daily May 15 - Sept. 1 and weekends through Nov. 2. For more information on special events, tickets, prices and operating hours, please visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure .

From the park's website:

Ticket Prices at the Park

WE'VE LOWERED THE GENERAL ADMISSION AT THE PARK!

* General Admission Reduced to $49.99 | Buy online for only $39.99

* Junior Admission Under 54" $29.99

* 2 & Under FREE

* Wild Safari Upgrade with purchase of a theme park ticket $9.99

* 3-Park Admission $84.99

* 3-Park Junior Admission $48.99

* All Inclusive Package $149.99

Parking can now be purchased online before you head to the park.

* Advance One-Day Parking $15.00

* Advance One-Day Preferred Parking $25.00

Those aren't really bad deals for people especially if they get their tickets ahead of time online (which I think many people do already). Glad to see the park taking after many of the others in the cahin with lowering the prices and trying to make a visit more affordable.

• 3 weeks later...

There was an ad in the newspaper the other day that you can get into the theme park after 5pm Monday thru Friday until Labor Day for just $19.99.

Not a bad deal considering going to the movies costs $10+ and it is usually over in under 2 hours. Plus food and snacks cost more at the movies!

I just saw a T.V. commercial and I believe it said, buy one get one free with a can of coke, but the price was only 24.99. That is only 12.50 per person if you split the price. I'm pretty sure that is what was advertised. If so, that is the lowest iv'e seen an admission in a long time. I havent seen a price that low since it cost 14.00 for a daily ticket and 39.99 for a Season Pass. Yes, I do remember that low of a price, I'm that old.