VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Upcoming Concerts at GA

29yrswithaGApass

The park will once again host a variety of acts throughout the season. Do any of the acts appeal to you?

Two of them seem interesting to me. I am not a diehard fan, but Blondie will be performing at the Northern Star Arena on June 8th at 6:00pm.

And on August 31st, Foreigner will be there also at 6pm. I saw them at GA in 2006 and it was a great show.

Those are the two I'm planning on seeing, but I always stop in and check out the concerts if I happen to be at the park while one is going on.

For me, Blondie is the only real "Must See" on this year's schedule so far (unless they book the B-52's again!)

• 5 weeks later...

Foreigner would be the only act that's close to my style of music. I've always liked Metal and Hard Rock. Well I used to like "Metal" now it's more like Foo Fighters, Puddle Of Mud stuff like that. The last "real" concert I went to was Korn at the Meadowlands about 7yrs. ago. It was their first Headlining Tour. When I was a kid growing up in Trenton I used to like Old School Rap, Sugar Hill Gang, Kutis Blow, so you might see me at Boys II Men, they had a couple of good songs back in the day.

• 1 month later...

The band is also playing A.C. when they come thru the area, and they were heavily promoting it over the weekend. The band's lineup is not too bad for this tour. The singer sounds good (he's not the original one) and on drums they have Jason Bonham, son of Led Zeppelin's late drummer, John Bonham. This is the one show this year year that I want to check out. I'm even dusting off my old Foreinger Records CD and giving it a listen again.

• 1 month later...

After Saturday's concert the Northern Star Arena we can call the 2008 season a wrap.

Six Flags Great Adventure welcomes Kat DeLuna and Watata during the Coca Cola Concert Series September 27. Concert kicks off at 4 p.m. in the Northern Star Arena and is included with theme park admission.

• 4 weeks later...
After Saturday's concert the Northern Star Arena we can call the 2008 season a wrap.

There's one more act scheduled for the Northern Star Arena this Saturday 10/25 at 7pm - the Jersey Shore Roller Girls Exhibition:

Want to see Roller Derby up close? Come see the newest all-women flat-track roller league bout it out LIVE in the Northern Star Arena! For information and tickets visit www.jerseyshorerollergirls.net or email info@jerseyshorerollergirls.net.

• 6 months later...

I usually try to avoid the park on concert days since it brings crowds even though I would be interested in some of them.

I was at the park last year when Blondie was there (I didn't realize there was a concer that day), but it was crazy how empty the park was. Walk ons for everything even KK. Even the Northern Star Arena was somewhat empty while the show was going on. I guess the 100 degree heat kept everyone away. I usually can't tolerate heat well but I guess because there were no lines so you weren't stuck in line waiting for a ride it wasn't that bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...