VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Lightnin' Loops today

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2E72F670-108C-43AD-B4D4-ECC1FB47D477.thumb.jpeg.f6255762999fa70467d270d9d7046327.jpeg0F0F13C2-8232-4074-BD7D-CE6F55B3DB3B.thumb.jpeg.9423248b0ec8bb93ed23bdae5f6034ae.jpegHowdy!

We visited Frontier City a few years back; worth the drive....really a nice park.
TBH, the relocation of the “Blue/Lower Loop Side” to Frontier City was our primary reason for visiting the park. (well, & to do a bit of storm chasing,  too).
Having ridden the “Red/Upper Loop” as LL and then again as the relocated “Python”; the opportunity to ride to “other side” was NOT going to pass me by. 

We made about 10 or so minutes of OFF-RIDE video of Diamondback during our visit to Frontier City & hanging-up in my  Parent’s office is a close-up shot of the “Python” in action. Framed and all! Lol. I’d be more than happy to share these items with you for the update. 

*Trivia*
Did you know?

The “LOOP” portion of the coaster has undergone significant/obvious track work  since being removed from GA .

The number of cross ties around the loop have increased dramatically; if memory arrives, the track work took place a few seasons after the relocation to FC had taken place .Little fun fact. 

let me know if you want any of video clips of pics!
Take care! 
-CJ Mayer

*UPDATED* to include the photos we snapped of LL (Upper-RedSide) during our first visit to Adventure World, now known as Six Flags America in 1998. Pics and video of DIAMONDBACK to follow shortly after; 

Edited by ChrisJoe87
Adventure World , Largo MD ( SixFlags America) LIGHTNIN’ LOOPS/UPPER-RED during its final season (1998, I believe)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, attended year one said:

I found the vintage comercial for the introduction of lighting loops on you tube.  I remember seeing it for the first time saying "A 5 story drop and it goes backwards?"  I rode that one a lot.

Do you have the link for the commercial?  I would love to see that commercial again.

I kind of stumbled on it when I was looking for info on the haunted castle.  I just tried to find it again but was not successful.  I will keep looking send it to you when I find it.  

Edited by attended year one

That one was really neat but not the one I was talking about.  The one I found was the introduction to Lighting loops.  it was just after the ride opened and no one yet knew that after going through it all, it did it again backwards.  I saw that commercial and immediately mowed every lawn in the neighborhood to have the money to go ride lighting loops.  

• Like 1