VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

On 11/16/2021 at 9:51 PM, Medusa42 said:

I hope it works better than the these security bots. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPBsAqwc6hLWMl7X54p3Z

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQH-hinleK6jKwbv6_NS3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@29yrswithaGApass

Sorry the photos aren't of amazing quality, but my grandmother recently showed me a photo book of theirs with photos of my family at Great Adventure. Lightning Loops, Swabinchen, and Screamer. They are permanently glued in a book so I scanned these with my phone.

1650167018722-a146c555-8e88-47a6-b98f-4e8581090596_.jpg

1650167144447-2a2c92cd-ce44-4fa1-9ebf-7acc066400a3_.jpg

1650167240330-8a8ac9c7-5f3e-4116-9f9d-e33adf73995b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, Harley Quinn has been added to Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. They've also deleted the virtual loop sequence.

What I'm thinking is that they should bring back the Wave Swinger and turn it into DC Super Villains Swing like at SFOG, SFFT, and SFGAm, replacing the Observatory. Harley would have to be replaced with Grid or someone like that, since she's in too many rides now. But keep Black Manta. ;)

I visited HH this Sunday, May 15th, and found a pretty serious safety issue. The single yellow tubes are overinflated to the point that they drag and violently spin in the enclosed sections of thd Hurricane Mt tower slides, slaming your feet into the slide walls. The white single tubes over at the Bada Bing slide tower are not as overinflated, but they still dragged on the slide walls and tried to spin but not as violently. The park better fix this issuse ASAP. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, DantheWoman said:

Apparently, Harley Quinn has been added to Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. They've also deleted the virtual loop sequence.

I rode Justice League today and the “loop” is still there and there is no Harley Quinn. It was the same ride. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Six Flags Great Adventure today for the first time since 2015! I flew up to NJ this weekend for a bridal shower and decided it was way too long since I've been. Despite the holiday, there were barely any waits. So glad I could go!

20220530_115455.jpg

20220530_120213.jpg

20220530_122543.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, laurenalexis said:

I went to Six Flags Great Adventure today for the first time since 2015! I flew up to NJ this weekend for a bridal shower and decided it was way too long since I've been. Despite the holiday, there were barely any waits. So glad I could go!

20220530_115455.jpg

20220530_120213.jpg

20220530_122543.jpg

Looks like you had a gorgeous day for it!!! ☀️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email today offering early access tickets to an upcoming new Broadway show, Kimberly Akimbo.  Does the logo look familiar to you?

Kimberly Akimbo

Kim (Tony winner VICTORIA CLARK) is a bright and funny Jersey teen, who happens to look like a 72-year-old lady. And yet her aging disease may be the least of her problems. Forced to maneuver family secrets, borderline personalities, and possible felony charges, Kim is determined to find happiness in a world where not even time is on her side.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry to double post, but I did some investigating and it apparently is involved with Great Adventure in some way. 

From a site that reviews it when it was just a play and did not include music: "The play fizzles out after a final confrontation with a hippo in the road on the African Safari at Six Flags Great Adventure. Lindsay-Abaire gets us almost there, but stops short of any of the characters really confronting what's in the road right in front of them."

From a review of the musical: "Best yet is the closing number, “Great Adventure,” with its lyric advising, “So just enjoy the view, because no one gets a second time around.” Any musical ending as strong as this does is lucky, for sure."

Still not sure if they had to get permission to use the logo or since it's no longer used is considered fair game.

• 2 months later...