VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Curious! I haven't been in that area since the Brew HaHa last year. I'm hoping to go on sunday. I want my wife to film me on the slingshot. Only been twice this year on opening weekend!

When I was at the park on Monday early evening, I saw a few workers in safety vests carrying survey equipment near chiller and heading towards the freefall site. They were carrying tripods, survey poles and what not. I wonder if they are starting to do some markouts for a new attraction in 2015.

When I was at the park on Monday early evening, I saw a few workers in safety vests carrying survey equipment near chiller and heading towards the freefall site. They were carrying tripods, survey poles and what not. I wonder if they are starting to do some markouts for a new attraction in 2015.

I'll have to take a look for any survey markers around the Picnic Grove/Old Country area's. I'll be back this week.

I really hope they add something to old country. Wing rider or a RMC would be sweet, its gonna be 8 years since they closed the area down. I hope 2015 is movietown and old country's year.

Jesus. 8 years already?!

I hope so. It's a big chunk of land not being used. How often do they use the picnic grove anyway. Not saying they should get rid of that but that whole area is huge and basically abandoned.

I didn't see them using the equipment, but they were carrying a bunch of it. They were probably just finishing up for the day and heading to the backstage area where freefall once stood.

On a sidenote, when I was at the park last night(wed), park was empty. Nitro was only running 2 trains, the C train was not being used. I hope that means they were finally fixing the problems with it.

Edited by DANofNJ

im sorry, I meant 7. I can't believe where time went. Next year is Kingda Ka's 10th aniversary! :Wow:

7 years is way to long to leave a large chunk of the park closed off like that.

• 3 weeks later...

2 things bits of news from the Park last night, and today. They have implimented a new loose article policy where all items must be secured in a pocket that buttons or has zippers. You will be sent off the ride to a locker if they see you put anything in your pocket (do it before the que) And in some really bad news because of the incident on " Ninja" at Magic Mountain, today they are out cutting trees by Nitro out before the "Hammerhead", and i'm sure it will happen on "Ranaway Mine Train" soon as well.

I always wear either zippered pocket shorts or a zipper pocket jacket on cooler weather days since I don't trust Velcro or buttons. I just wish it was easier to find zippered pocket shorts. I bought themt Target around 7 years ago and some at Old Navy in 2012 and only wear them when going to a park so they last. Most stores don't seem to carry them.

It's very difficult to find zippered shorts! They will kick you out of line if they see you put stuff in your pocket? So I can't have my cell phone out while in line? I secure my phone and my sunglasses in my cargo pockets and they've never even come close to falling out. I wonder if they will also cut the tress around bizarro? I once hit my hand on a branch by the camera. I thought I broke my thumb it hurt so much.