VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I was going to try to get 1 last trip in today but it sounds like it is too crowded with the coasters having 1+ hour waits with only 1 train running because of the weather. I'm glad I at least was able to get there Friday night.

Oh, well. Next year another opening at Great Adventure, in August, we will hear big news from Six Flags, we might get Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to demolish the Right Stuff building and the new big coaster in 2016. I hope Six Flags TV will air Hanna-Barbera shorts, and Tiny Toon Adventures, Tom & Jerry and Animaniacs shorts in the future.

Yes on the TV programming!! Animaniacs for sure :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was wondering, what kind of park improvements do you all think we could see in 2015? I'm hoping they finally install the train ride in LTSP, put in the baboons like promised for 2014, and I would really love to see nitro repainted. Would love to hear everyone's opinion.

So I was wondering, what kind of park improvements do you all think we could see in 2015? I'm hoping they finally install the train ride in LTSP, put in the baboons like promised for 2014, and I would really love to see nitro repainted. Would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Hey Truepolak90, you can discuss 2015 additions Here, or 'wishes for 2015' here with our "Great ADVENTure Calendar" section of the forums.

The 2015 operating calendar hasn't been posted yet but for SFOG and SFNE I noticed that Monday - Thursday in the summer, the parks are only open until 9:00 instead of 10:00. I wonder if they are going to do the same thing with Great Adventure's schedule.

Edited by Yoshi

The Farmer's Almanac predicts that this March will be colder than normal, April should be drier and warmer than normal, and May should be warmer than normal too. Let's hope they are correct about April and May!

I hope they are correct too. I like being able to wear a t-shirt and shorts to the park at the beginning of the season and not having to bring a jacket or sweatshirt, or in 2013, gloves.

Thanks! Hopefully I like it and enjoy it. Im really nervous but just something I have to do to have a chance to hopefully get to camp one day. Tour guides are basically the entry level job now, so I might as well try it. I didnt want to look back and think 'what if'.

I hope that when I get my first six flags job it is a Safari Tour Guide. I am planning on doing something in the animal sciences as major in college and life time career. I guess I technically already do that since whenever I attend the Safari with friends or family I always talk to them about the animals we are passing and go into some extra detail than tour provides.

jdc, do the Safari Guides have scripts? Ive noticed that most safari tour guides say almost the exact same thing with the exact same jokes (e.g. saying the Udads sound like who that)

Other times though, on occasion, I have had guides that stay similar to the others, but add their own flare and style.

But really I just love the animals. Even if the safari was just silent I would go. To be completely honest, being that I have interests in animals and photography, the Safari has and always will be one of my favorite rides.

Edited by ReptileGuy

I have not recieved any paperwork or info yet but they are going to give us 'manuals' which is probably animal facts and all that jazz. They seemed to really encourage making it our own when they offered the job to the selected group at auditions on Saturday----assuming we get the info we need to across while doing so. They may do or suggest things during training that people use or modify or even pick up things from talking with others.

Edited by jdc12192