VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I must say, I'm impressed with the first attraction I got ;) . I'll be glad if we get this, though the same attractions were presented for all parks I believe.

There's one I was really impressed with also! I think I know where it would go too, it would be too perfect... ;)

I haven't tried putting in other parks to see if it gives the same attractions but either way the ride seems perfect for us.

I have a Hurricane Harbor question. If Flash Pass bypasses the wait for a tube and you still have to wait on the stairs for the tube slides, wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a tube for the day or rent a tube for the season and bypass the line for the tubes that way which is a lot less than the Flash Pass and you get instant access to the stairs rather than waiting for a ride time with the Flash Pass? I know that won't help on the body slides or Big Wave Racer though,

I don't really know what part of that doesn't make sense...

The purpose of half off admission to other SF parks is for discounted friend tickets. The season pass has never included free admission for friends to other SF parks.

Who said it did include friends?

I have a Hurricane Harbor question. If Flash Pass bypasses the wait for a tube and you still have to wait on the stairs for the tube slides, wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a tube for the day or rent a tube for the season and bypass the line for the tubes that way which is a lot less than the Flash Pass and you get instant access to the stairs rather than waiting for a ride time with the Flash Pass? I know that won't help on the body slides or Big Wave Racer though,

In general, there is an attendant at the bottom of each staircase that regulates who goes up to the slides. That is where the Flash Pass advantage comes in more so than getting a tube for the slides. The slides typically use slide-specific tubes and not the rental ones for the lazy river. In addition to the body slides and Big Wave, the family slides (Reef Runner/Big Bambu) and Hurricane Mountain don't require you to get a tube beforehand - they are delivered to the top by conveyer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, whenever I get there this year, I plan to spend most of the time at those 3 slide structures so I might go with the tube rental instead of the Flash Pass.

Still have only been to Gadv once this year... So sad... Was thinking about going this weekend (Sat or Sun) but with it being 4th of July on Saturday, the park will probably be crowded that day. So now we are thinking Sunday in the Am. Does anyone know if it will really crowded that day? I'm thinking with a lot of people celebrating 4th of July on Sat, maybe people won't be in the park the next morning... Any thoughts???

I think it will still be more crowded than normal since some people have Monday off from work so crowds might be like a regular summer Saturday but maybe until noon it will be ok If you can get there at 9:30 for the hour early ride time with a can of Coke, you could probably get a couple of hours of low crowds.

Thanks for the input... Maybe we will to go Gadv at 9:30 till 12 noon and then to HH for a few hours after that (but that will probably be crowded also... I forgot a lot of people will be off Monday...unlike me).

Thanks for the update, whenever I get there this year, I plan to spend most of the time at those 3 slide structures so I might go with the tube rental instead of the Flash Pass.

I know the family raft slides at HH, only has 5 rafts total in operation making dispatches very slow. Aqua blast at WWK, runs 10 rafts so the lines moves quickly. Even Splashzone runs 6 rafts for their Beast of the East.

The Hurricane Mt slides have 4 normal inner tube slides you carry up, and 2 toboggan raft slides that go up by conveyor belt. Again the park operates not enough toboggan rafts and the slide towers are understaffed.