VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Rough crowds can come from any state or city it is foolish to say they all come from one particular place.

Thank you!

The asinine NY vs. NJ. vs. Philly crowd debate feels as old as the park itself. There are decent people everywhere, and impolite people everywhere.

Well the current security at the park is a joke so I can't really blame them.

Last year I saw two people last year climb the rocks into Kingda Ka's station while a security guard just stood there and watched them. Only after I and about five other people said something did he go over to the people who cut, and he still let them stay in line.

Two years ago, two women in KK's station were screaming at each other and about to get physical. Did security intervene? Nope, they just stood there. Two guys in line had to break up the fight instead.

You think Six Flags well Great Adventure needs to rethink there security training?

They are probably very restricted by NJ with how much their private security can do. Dorney has armed security guards who receive state trooper training, but PA is much more lax about that sort of stuff than NJ is. I remember once when I saw Dorney security chase a guy,knocked him down to the ground and held him there. In NJ the guards would be in more trouble than the perp if they did that.

As for as rough crowds, it is probably all the coasters and thrill rides that attract yahoos, and other troublemakers along with cheap admissions and SPs. Hershey and Wildwood have plenty of people from Philly and NYC and they don't get as rowdy. Luckily it is still the early season where guests at GADV behave better. They act up in the summer and act the worst during FF anymore. Guests at Dorney are still generally more well behaved than at GADV but they have been declining.

They are probably very restricted by NJ with how much their private security can do.

you are probably right but I scratch my head when I think about it. Six Flags should be able to run their private security as lax or as strict as they want inside the park. Its not like NJ is providing local police to patrol the park. If I am paying to enter the park I would want a more strict security vs one that just carries around a broom and picks up cig butts. God forbid something actually went down in the park that could have been prevented buy simply having security guards that aren't afraid to lay down the law/rules, Who would have the figures pointed at them? Six flags for having lazy security or will Six flags turn around and point at the state of NJ and say "well under NJ ruling we can only do such and such" its crazy to me. The issue is there are too many people out there ready to slap a law suite on someone because they looked at them the wrong way. Bunch of sissies if you ask me

end rant

^ You seem to have an agenda, but there's really no use in blaming the government here. During the Red Zone era just a few years ago, security had a much stronger presence and it's undeniable that guest behavior improved a lot. The recent cuts to training and numbers were clearly to save money, and not because of regulation.

I will surly be jinxing myself but I have to say I haven't run into any poorly behaved people or groups for quite a long time. I cant say I never have but I cant think of any instances either so if I did it want memorable. I would love it if I didn't hear 15 and 16 year olds walking through the park cursing with every other word that comes out their mouth.

On the 31st my wife was waiting at the Superman picture booth and saw security coming to look at a picture of guests who had their phones out during the ride. They took pictures of the guests and were going tout to look for them. I don't know if they found them or if anything happened if they did find them but security was looking into it.

^ You seem to have an agenda, but there's really no use in blaming the government here. During the Red Zone era just a few years ago, security had a much stronger presence and it's undeniable that guest behavior improved a lot. The recent cuts to training and numbers were clearly to save money, and not because of regulation.

not blaming the government. My remark was based off the situation that if NJ is stepping in. I honestly cant see why they would but it could be possible. The more plausible situation is like you said, money saving.

the only reason the idea of NJ stepping in might come is because they seem to have their hands on a lot of other things that happen inside the park. Its just an idea/situartion that I wouldn't rule out 100%

Edited by Mrpq

Over the weekend I noticed six flags over Texas had signs in the queues with a number to call to report line cutting, does great adventure have this? I don't recall seeing anything like that.

I don't think so. But in the App survey, they mentioned some feature like messaging security, which is genius. Because if somebody cuts in front of me, I'm not going to pick up my phone and call that number, with them standing 2 inches in front of me.