VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

2 hours until the gates open.

Who's going and how cool would it be to be 2016 guest number 1?

I hope to take a long lunch break and hit a couple of coasters to kick off the season before I come back to the office.

2 hours until the gates open.

Who's going and how cool would it be to be 2016 guest number 1?

I hope to take a long lunch break and hit a couple of coasters to kick off the season before I come back to the office.

I'm here now. What time does the parking lot open?

So a bunch of things were closed, mostly restaurants, but something that was really awesome, was John Fitzgerald came up to us and asked us what we wanted from a certain restaurant that was closed, and tried to help us with a solution, and as soon as he turned toward us, I knew it was him, but my mom had no idea until me and my brother told her :P

^I think operations will be better later on as this is only spring break. Bizarro had three supervisors, and I think all of them were working at the park last year which could be why operations there were much better.

I had no problems with operations on any of the coasters I hit. But I agree that they will get better as time goes on. Hopefully they can keep it up all year, especially at Bizarro.

On the way out of the park Saturday I saw this survey marker nailed into the blacktop at the edge of the Prefered Parking Lot, not too far from the Superman fence. It looks pretty new. Is it for possible repaving or redirecting traffic lanes so pedestrians and cars aren't sharing an exit lane? Any ideas?

20160326_172824_zpsym3wfkye.jpg

• Like 1

Went for my first trip with season passes this year with my gf. I was really impressed with how easy everything was, the passes, dining pass and photo pass were all easy to use and worked just like they were suppose to.

Park wasn't very crowded today so it was a great day.

My ride list for the day was

Kingda ka front row and back row

Nitro front row and then a reride in the back row

Zimanjaro

Superman front row

Skull mountain front row

El Toro front row

Dark Knight

Batman front row

Bizzaro front row

Runaway mine train

I felt bad for the people running El Toro. They were having issues when I was waiting because too many people didn't fit in the seats properly.

Runaway mine train we sat in the second row and got banged around way more then I ever expected lol

The food lines were run pretty well today and we both did 1 lunch and 2 snacks each. The funnel cakes were fantastic.

Here's a question that both my gf and I noticed, why are there no mirrors in any of the bathrooms? We went in a few on different sides of the parks. Is there any reason for this? Just seems odd to not have them.

All in all a great first trip and looking forward to going back down on Wednesday.

Edited by SatansHockey

So somebody threw up on Skull Mountain (saw them pouring that powder on the front car, and it was closed for about 2 laps).

Haha wasn't me!

My ride was ruined by someone who took out their cell phone for the entire ride so the operator was on the speaker the entire ride asking for them to put the phone away. I wish they would have thrown them out of the park but didn't see them approach anyone when we got off

Edited by SatansHockey

When I rode Skull Mountain today someone took their phone out on the brakes before the station and were told they would be thrown out if they take the phone out again. At least no one took their phone out on Nitro. During HITP it seemed like every week I was there they were stopping the train on the lift because someone had a phone out. Someone on Bizarro today also had a GoPro attached to their head with straps. They waited until the train left the station to take the camera out.

I am going to post a trip report in a couple of days and today was an awesome visit to the park. Basically no lines for anything and great operations. I wasn't expecting to see 3 trains on Nitro when at times the station was empty except for some people waiting for the front and both sides of the Skyway open.

When I rode Skull Mountain today someone took their phone out on the brakes before the station and were told they would be thrown out if they take the phone out again. At least no one took their phone out on Nitro. During HITP it seemed like every week I was there they were stopping the train on the lift because someone had a phone out. Someone on Bizarro today also had a GoPro attached to their head with straps. They waited until the train left the station to take the camera out.

These two girls next to us in the last row of nitro had a cell phone out the entire time. Nobody said anything to them until they went to the photo booth and wouldn't show them the picture cause their phone was clearly out in it. The girl running the booth said they could be thrown out for it but just warned them.