VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I don't think it will be much of a problem. The game doesn't allow for much gameplay when you're moving fast, so even playing in a car is difficult. The issue is that you quickly move too far away from pokemon and pokestops.

In a car, you're usually able to collect items from a pokestop if you drive by at around 40mph or less. Once a pokemon appears, you're already too far away to catch it since there's some lag on the GPS realizing where you are.

Playing on a coaster adds no benefit to the game, and makes it unplayable if anything. Compare this to something like snapchat or taking pictures/video in general, where you can obviously only get those angles on the ride.

Another day that Hurricane Harbor had to close the Gates due to hitting Capacity. Feel sorry for all the Family's driving for hrs to get there, to only have it closed. Someone really need's to go "Clark Griswold" on that place one of these days, maybe then they will spend the money they need to and add a 2nd Wave Pool, or a "Not So Lazy" Lazy River, or a whole new section. Spend some Money already, or would you rather keep losing it turning Guest's away to never have them return again?

• Like 2

Great Adventure is mentioned in an MSN article of the 10 best amusement parks to visit.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/10-best-amusement-parks-to-visit/ss-BBrJPwl?li=BBnb7Kz

Kind of a funky list considering it ignores Orlando all together and has a NJ Pier (Ocean City) at #9. To be fair, it seems the focus here is on new rides for this year.

Another day that Hurricane Harbor had to close the Gates due to hitting Capacity. Feel sorry for all the Family's driving for hrs to get there, to only have it closed. Someone really need's to go "Clark Griswold" on that place one of these days, maybe then they will spend the money they need to and add a 2nd Wave Pool, or a "Not So Lazy" Lazy River, or a whole new section. Spend some Money already, or would you rather keep losing it turning Guest's away to never have them return again?

The parks have to follow their budgets. Its not their fault that today happened to be a 100 degree day and everyone raided the waterpark. this is what happens in the summer.

The parks have to follow their budgets. Its not their fault that today happened to be a 100 degree day and everyone raided the waterpark. this is what happens in the summer.

^Nobody said it's their fault. Just that they could be prepared for something that's easily to foresee. Though that's obviously not a Six Flags specialty.

• Like 1

I know, it's not like it's some big surprise that when it gets hot out they hit capacity when it's been going on for year's. Now it's just getting to the point it happens a couple times a Week. This guy is some Dorney fanboy that buy's a Pass for that place every year no matter what, and that says alot right there. What was the last decent thing they added "Stinger"? A re-located Boomerang lol. And that is exactly what the main problem is. Maybe if all these clown's didn't buy a GA Pass the year's they add crap, or "clones", and they saw a drop-off in pass sales, maybe they wouldn't add crappy clones anymore. But no, they all go and buy them, and that tells the Park they don't have to add quality attraction's when they can add a Super-Loop and still see an increase in Pass Sales. I'm picky who gets my Money, that is the only real power any of us have. Add crap, and ya' ain't getting my Money. And when i spend, it's in "three"s" so they ain't just losing my Money, they are losing a Family's spending. I buy 3 of everything when i'm in the Park.

Edited by Railer

I know, it's not like it's some big surprise that when it gets hot out they hit capacity when it's been going on for year's. Now it's just getting to the point it happens a couple times a Week. This guy is some Dorney fanboy that buy's a Pass for that place every year no matter what, and that says alot right there. What was the last decent thing they added "Stinger"? A re-located Boomerang lol. And that is exactly what the main problem is. Maybe if all these clown's didn't buy a GA Pass the year's they add crap, or "clones", and they saw a drop-off in pass sales, maybe they wouldn't add crappy clones anymore. But no, they all go and buy them, and that tells the Park they don't have to add quality attraction's when they can add a Super-Loop and still see an increase in Pass Sales. I'm picky who gets my Money, that is the only real power any of us have. Add crap, and ya' ain't getting my Money. And when i spend, it's in "three"s" so they ain't just losing my Money, they are losing a Family's spending. I buy 3 of everything when i'm in the Park.

That's because some of us don't really have any other realistic choices, for me personally dorney is 90 minutes and I don't think it's worth the drive cause I don't care about the water park. Hershey is 2.5 hours away. I can get to great adventure in 35 minutes. I think it's a lovely place with some of the best coasters out there and people buy the passes cause it's worth the money and it's fun!

I live 25min away from GAdv, and the ride in is even all really nice back Country Road's (except North Hanover, those Cops don't have anything better to do than pull Park Guest's over for any excuse they can come up with on 537) Dorney is just "Dorney", the ugly step-child of Cedar Fair. I have taken the Hershey run twice this year already, way better Park operation's, better Guest demograph that keep's the Park cleaner, Guest's don't steal anything they can get their Hand's on, and they add original Ride's. And i never saw "full-auto's" standing at the Front Gate either. It's worth the trip, and worth the Money for those reason's alone. I want Great Adv to raise Pass Prices so they "price out" all the scumbags that make up the majority of the Guest's nowadays, then re-invest that Price increase into the Park.

• Like 1

The vast majority of the general public doesn't know or care what a clone is. They just ride rides and have fun. Frankly, that's what we should all be doing anyways. It doesn't make a difference to us whether the park is trying to save some cash by building something that's been done before. If that means they can then spend more on something else later on, works for me. There's no need to being politics into this business, just spend money where you have the most fun and don't bash other people that know less about the subject than you for being "uninformed."

• Like 2

How much do you want them to raise it to? I'm probably going to get Hershey season passes for next year as well plus a Cedar fair platinum pass because I have a few trips planned already that will be near Cedar fair parks. I figure I can hit Hershey a few times next year and get my moneys worth but it's just a hard park for me to do without having to stay over. A day trip would take some of the fun out of it when I have 5 hours of driving to do in total. I may try it though and see how I like actually doing that.

When I lived an almost equal distance between Great Adventure and Dorney, it worked out well. 45 minutes to Dorney and around 55 minutes to Great Adventure. I would go to Great Adventure from March/April to the end of June, stay away most of June and July and go to Dorney then and go back to Great Adventure in September and October the rest of the year with a couple of trips to Dorney in the fall too.

I got a Hershey pass this year since it is about an hour and 50 minutes away and I knew I wouldn't be getting back to Great Adventure nearly as much as I used to (last trip was at the end of April). I didn't want to just have Dorney to go to because I get bored with the park after a few hours when the waterpark is closed compared to Great Adventure where I can spend most of the day and still want to stay and keep riding the coasters. If Knoebels had a season pass I would have gotten that too since both Dorney and Knoebels are around an hour and 10 minutes away.