VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

What people just don't seem to get is very simple. What is acceptable and not acceptable to be worn in a given location, is up to the owner/management of that location. Period. There really doesn't have to be any discussion of the matter at all as long as the rule is posted at the entrance to the location. It's also funny, to me at least, that people are turned away from the Disney parks pretty frequently for not wearing proper attire, yet, I can't recall the last time I have heard anyone making the nightly news or local newspaper because of it.

• Like 1

Agreed, it is up to the park but it is also up to the park to train the people who enforce the dress code so they can be consistent. It didn't help that she was in the park already then wasn't allowed to reenter. Even with training I'm sure there would still be some ambiguity that leaves some gray area that the guards will have to make a decision on but I would hope it could help make consistent enforcement

I don't know that the dress code being posted at the entrance would have helped in this case. If it is the same as the information posted online this girl would have still come to the park. She didn't find this outfit indecent, I hope.

If I had seen this girl and a bright bra was showing through her top I would have thought it was her bikini top and I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

It reminds me back when I was a kid, how sometimes I was tall enough to ride Runaway Mine Train and other times I wasn't tall enough to ride, depending on the ride ops on duty. As I said before, GADV doesn't do consistency because it costs money.

• Like 1

Was planning on going to the park this Sunday (surprisingly I have only been to Gadv once this year) but now since this weekend they have "bring a friend" I think the park would be packed... Now rethinking my plans

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2016/08/woman_allegedly_hurt_on_king_cobra_at_six_flags_su.html

Woman who broke her ankle on King Cobra last year is suing Six Flags for $3 million. I don't understand how they let her on in the first place when they exceeded the weight limit and went on a double tube when it is meant for single.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2016/08/woman_allegedly_hurt_on_king_cobra_at_six_flags_su.html

Woman who broke her ankle on King Cobra last year is suing Six Flags for $3 million. I don't understand how they let her on in the first place when they exceeded the weight limit and went on a double tube when it is meant for single.

That ride has double tubes as well. I just went on it on Sunday with a double tube, weight can't exceed 400 pounds with 2 people.

The 90's Concert at the Park is now cancelled. That was about the best show they have had listed for the whole season, and they lost it. Want good act's in the Park, gotta' pay up. They would rather have reigious concert's for some "god" lol.

Hey Railer- do me a favor... I understand that you dont believe inn a god and that you have major issues with the park, but please do not mock people for going to a religious concert and especially don't mock people for believing in a God...

I know that was a week ago but please refrain from making fun of religions

Thank you

Have a nice day

Hey Railer- do me a favor... I understand that you dont believe inn a god and that you have major issues with the park, but please do not mock people for going to a religious concert and especially don't mock people for believing in a God...

I know that was a week ago but please refrain from making fun of religions

Thank you

Have a nice day

He wont be posting here anytime soon. All is well with the world lol

I hope that's not what it is for. There is a big difference between riding towards the front of the train and the last few rows. I almost always go for row 8 or 9 (or the front if it is only a train or 2 extra wait).

Someone on facebook said nitro has row numbers painted on the floor now. I really hope this doesn't mean we are going to start having groupers

I hope that's not what it is for. There is a big difference between riding towards the front of the train and the last few rows. I almost always go for row 8 or 9 (or the front if it is only a train or 2 extra wait).

I don't think the markers would be installed for groupers. The row markers on Nitro which have been around at least two weeks now are most likely added for to help guests choosing their rows know which one they are boarding beforehand instead of them knowing when it is their turn. Hopefully other coasters in the park add markers for convenience instead for assigning rows.

I don't think the markers would be installed for groupers. The row markers on Nitro which have been around at least two weeks now are most likely added for to help guests choosing their rows know which one they are boarding beforehand instead of them knowing when it is their turn. Hopefully other coasters in the park add markers for convenience instead for assigning rows.

That makes sense and I really hope you're right. The groupers in new England was the one thing I really hated about the park.

owtoty, usually many people don't go to ERTs, however, it is National Roller Coaster Day, so idk. And answering your 1st question... It is not for season pass holders, I think it's just the first rides they open. I'll be going too ;)

Hope I could help,

Mr.Six

owtoty, usually many people don't go to ERTs, however, it is National Roller Coaster Day, so idk. And answering your 1st question... It is not for season pass holders, I think it's just the first rides they open. I'll be going too ;)

Hope I could help,

Mr.Six

It's might storm tomorrow in the morning and early afternoon. Hopefully it won't because I'd really like to do the ERT. The weather also says the storms will stop at 4 so I'll probably just stay until later anyway. The chance of storms will most likely keep crowds away anyway.

Is Joker still experiencing a lot of downtime? I'm probably making a trip down tomorrow but Joker being opened or closed is going to be a big influence on my decision.

It was open the night of 8/16/16 and was running fine, hope it's open for you tomorrow (or today, or whatever)

Is Platinum Flash Pass new for Hurricane Harbor this year?

https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj/store/flash-pass

I saw it mentioned in a review and looked up Flash Pass on Hurricane Harbor's website and saw all 3 Flash Pass levels. It's $65 and as expected since it wouldn't work out well without having instant access to the stairs for a 2nd slide, no double rides like Platinum Flash Pass in the theme park.