VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

The park was dead on Friday. The only lines were for Superman, the Skyride, Justice League, and the restaurants with indoor seating. The Spirit of the Season show was decent but was kind of like a Christmas version of Dead Man's Party.

I was watching the wait times again today and it looked like it was empty today as well except for Justice League. I'm going to try to get to the park on a Sunday before the season ends rather than deal with the Saturday crowds.

It was crazy crowded on Saturday and as the sun went down it only got more crowded.  The weather was pretty perfect for it, not too cold but chill enough to enjoy the fire pits and hot chocolate.  It was almost Fright Fest crowded with a more family-centric crowd.  Lots of multi-generational families.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case park management is here reading, I posted on the survey that I would not buy a discounted flash pass for 2 rides. After further deliberation on the topic I changed my mind. It's actually a pretty good idea and I likely would purchase on occasion. 

I'm going to guess no if it is going to snow in addition to being cold and Friday nights generally bringing lower crowds even with ok weather. It's a shame the weather hasn't been as good this November and December compared to 2015 and 2016. I liked being able to go to HITP wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

It is a shame that the weather has been unusually bad for this early in the winter. It is supposed to be a weak La Nina this year that usually causes a colder eastern half and a warm western half of the country. The park was lucky for the first two years but the weather around here can get really bad for the holiday season.  

16 hours ago, NewJerseyCoasters said:

There is no proof of a new president for great adventure as they denyed that this is happening and say that if it was an announcement would have been made.

You sure?  I was just sent an email of him saying he was going to Magic Mountain.