VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

On 5/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, rj1972 said:

Do we think they might actually release the 2018 season pass dining guide before 2018 is over? 

I picked up the 2018 dining guide for Six Flags America when I was there on April 22nd. I get back to Great Adventure thinking they would have theirs and no one had a clue. There's only the 2017 dining guide. I went to Guest Services and the guy there had no idea when it would be released. 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, rj1972 said:

I just learned that GA has been using staff from other SF parks to assist with attraction and F&B operations until they complete all of their hiring for the season. 

Six Flags has done this for years, sharing employees between parks. NJ employees are even sometimes sent the other way to SFNE and SFA depending on what the demand and supply for employees is for the week/weekend. It just gets worse each year. I believe they had to fly in workers from their Texas parks this year.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I remember a few years ago when the park was open the Tuesday - Thursday after Labor Day, I went to Green Lantern and saw someone from SFA working at the ride and there were cars from other SF parks in the lot (the cars had wraps on them advertising the other parks). It was unexpected that they had to bring in workers from the other parks. Now with almost every park having HITP,  it might be more difficult to get workers from other parks later in the season.

22 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Six Flags has done this for years, sharing employees between parks. NJ employees are even sometimes sent the other way to SFNE and SFA depending on what the demand and supply for employees is for the week/weekend. It just gets worse each year. I believe they had to fly in workers from their Texas parks this year.

I had no idea. That's quite an expense for the company to bring in, house, and feed near minimum wage employees. 

Edited by rj1972

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Interesting to see the tree lined walkway leading to the entrance from the center of the parking lot.  Is there a Page D-1 with the other photos and stories?

Nope, the Ocean County Memories page on FB only posted that one. They post pictures of GA all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the park yesterday (Wednesday the 27th) and i noticed that some new paint made it's way onto 2 support columns of the run away mine train. Only about 4.5 feet of each column is painted. But they are over by the path between el Toro and bizarro right before the bridge. Hopefully this means a repaint. And it must have been done on Tuesday night as there is a video of someone in the park the day before I went and the columns were not freshly painted. 

Has anyone tried this yet?

https://mobile-ar.reality.news/news/snapchat-takes-trip-amusement-park-with-ar-for-disney-universal-six-flags-0185758/

According to a company spokesperson, Snapchat now offers geofenced Snapchat Lenses at Disney, Universal, and Six Flags/Warner Bros. parks. The Lenses, which reflect the intellectual property of each parent company, will be available in the carousel once users enter participating parks.

Finally, at Six Flags parks across the US and Mexico, as well as the new Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi opening on July 24, a Superman face effect and 3D Bitmoji Lens (originally presented to commemorate the character's 80th anniversary earlier this year) will be available to thrill seekers. This is the first on-location Snapchat experience for Six Flags parks.

43 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Finally, at Six Flags parks across the US and Mexico, as well as the new Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi opening on July 24, a Superman face effect and 3D Bitmoji Lens (originally presented to commemorate the character's 80th anniversary earlier this year) will be available to thrill seekers. This is the first on-location Snapchat experience for Six Flags parks.

so is it means that warner bros is going to get six flags again?

i hope they team up again like they did back in 1991

I saw multiple times this week the park posting around 1-2pm that Hurricane Harbor reached capacity and closed the gates. Maybe I just haven't paid attention but did this usually happen other years? I've been hearing from a lot of people that HH has been poorly run this year (though that seems to be the case every year)

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, SFGadv123 said:

I saw multiple times this week the park posting around 1-2pm that Hurricane Harbor reached capacity and closed the gates. Maybe I just haven't paid attention but did this usually happen other years? I've been hearing from a lot of people that HH has been poorly run this year (though that seems to be the case every year)

That must have been godawful there during those days. HH has never been ran well. 

The days it hit capacity were also the same days that massive heat wave hit the area. I'm positive that is what caused overloads of people to go there. I know on July 3rd, the dry park was not very busy at all, while I'm pretty sure Hurricane Harbor hit capacity.

16 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

This maybe a little farfetched,but I think Great Adv. should get Domino's to repave the parking lot,and then advertise it as "the world's largest Domino's Hot Spot".Domino's then could have a food truck that cruises the parking lot selling pre-made pizzas!

now thats weird but funny

Edited by harry2004

19 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

This maybe a little farfetched,but I think Great Adv. should get Domino's to repave the parking lot,and then advertise it as "the world's largest Domino's Hot Spot".Domino's then could have a food truck that cruises the parking lot selling pre-made pizzas!

Better be careful about that, Domino's has a history of running people over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...