VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I hope they eventually will. I'd like to buy a Nitro Nanocoaster. I would have also liked to have seen the park sell the CoasterDynamix Statix models of the coaster trains.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, Yoshi said:

Looks like the park is almost at Fright Fest level wait times today. Nitro 85 minutes, Justice League 90 minutes and some of the other major coasters around an hour. 

You think so? I went September 29th and there were no waits for anything. 

Anyway, 90 minutes of Bumper Robinson's cute Cyborg voice would make my poor self faint. Why's it gotta be so hot...?

Membership Collection Pins are being offered by the park in 2019.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/member-collection-pins

Membership Collection Pins

In 2019 Six Flags Great Adventure is introducing an all new collectible exclusively available to Members that fits perfectly on your Membership Lanyard! These exclusive Membership Collection Pins are only available to Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Elite Members.

How to Redeem

There are a variety of ways to get your hands on these one of a kind collectibles. 

Unique pins are being created in limited quantities for every Membership Appreciation event in 2019. Members can attend the Member Appreciation events, and go to the Pin Redemption location at the specified time to be able to redeem their pin. Pins are FREE to all active Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Elite Members, but each member must be present during pin redemption at the Membership Appreciation Event to redeem the pin. Each Member must also present a valid Member Card or Member Card loaded on the Six Flags Mobile App. These pins cannot be redeemed at other times and each individual must be present. These unique pins are made in limited quantities and only available while supplies last.

Member Appreciation Event Dates 
April 6 - Park Opening Event
May 18
June 9
June 28
July 14
July 26
August 9
August 17
September 7
October 30
November 9
December 8

opening_day_.jpg?itok=pn9Wi2cU

fright_fest.png?itok=QV_Ksnaj

member_rewards_.jpg?itok=Uk-xnxLE

25_visit.jpg?itok=HVywEF3T

The park uses Weather Bug to make all of their weather-related decisions. So far the Weather Bug app is saying partly cloudy and 62 degrees. If that holds then we have perfect weather, but I feel like we can't be sure until Saturday actually gets here. I'll be there either way 😁

I've had a Season Pass/Membership since 2012, and I've never actually been to opening day yet. I've been to the park on the second operating day, but never the first.

This year I'm finally going to be able to make it out for the parks official opening day. I'm very excited and the weather looks pretty warm!

13 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Now forecast says there will be morning showers on this Saturday. Is the park will still opening on its opening day? Is the rain is gonna end by 10 AM or 8 AM? I hope weather's forecast changes to just mostly cloudy or partly cloudy for the opening day.

What the hell terrible weather app are you looking at?  All the ones I've looked at are showing cloudy skies in the AM, no rain.  

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Now forecast says there will be morning showers on this Saturday. Is the park will still opening on its opening day? Is the rain is gonna end by 10 AM or 8 AM? I hope weather's forecast changes to just mostly cloudy or partly cloudy for the opening day.

Dude, relax. Weather reports are outrageously unreliable until about three days out. Don't bother checking until Thursday.

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Superman also getting repainting too! I hope Batman, Kingda Ka, Bizzaro and Nitro will getting repainting too this year (blue track with dark supports).

The park is getting more park improving this year.

This may be very soon to tease a hint for a new coaster is coming in next year. (Hope it's RMC type like a customized Raptor).

There’s two possiblities after these improvements

1. They’re doing them to make the park look good in case a ride that would significantly increase attendance from a major new ride/section

2. (Most likely) the park spent the money that would go towards said project on park improvements

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Superman also getting repainting too! I hope Batman, Kingda Ka, Bizzaro and Nitro will getting repainting too this year (blue track with dark supports).

The park is getting more park improving this year.

This may be very soon to tease a hint for a new coaster is coming in next year. (Hope it's RMC type like a customized Raptor).

How exactly does this tease a new coaster?

Hopefully I can make it for Opening Day! Excited as hell to be back there, and even though a lot of stuff will probably be closed, I'm still hyped. I'm glad to see a lot of park maintenance, hopefully this means Nitro will be repainted as well. 

13 hours ago, THRASHERS35 said:

There’s two possiblities after these improvements

1. They’re doing them to make the park look good in case a ride that would significantly increase attendance from a major new ride/section

2. (Most likely) the park spent the money that would go towards said project on park improvements

3. THERE'S MONEY IN THE BUDGET TO MAINTAIN RIDES.

16 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I hope Batman, Kingda Ka, Bizzaro and Nitro will getting repainting too this year (blue track with dark supports).

Painting rides, especially roller coasters, costs a lot more than you think it does. We may see Kingda Ka and Nitro painted in the near future, but I highly doubt any other coasters will get painted this year.