VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

On 9/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, Tbone112499 said:

I came across a Facebook post today that reminded me: yesterday marks 6 years since the closing of Rolling Thunder. I still miss it, my first coaster both in general and at GA! 🌩🎢

I really miss Rolling Thunder as well. It left a gap in the park's lineup that still hasn't been filled. It's also hard to find coasters that still run with PTC buzz bars as a large amount of parks have been removing them from their old wood coasters. Although it may have been rough, Rolling Thunder was always a lot of fun, and generated a lot of hilarious ride experience stories. 

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great Adventure History website NEEDS update guys. We need to add Jersey Devil Coaster to roller coaster section soon along with Looney Tunes Seaport being removed.

Patience is a virtue, you know. Surely there must be SOMETHING else with which you can occupy your time.

May I suggest a timeless ball and cup game?

On 9/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great Adventure History website NEEDS update guys. We need to add Jersey Devil Coaster to roller coaster section soon along with Looney Tunes Seaport being removed.

Good to see you haven’t calmed down in the couple weeks I haven’t checked the site...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I found this on Youtube: (What If Six Flags Purchased Kennywood?)

Don't you think this might happen soon in the future?

Yes, I have thought Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark would be acquired by Six Flags for some time.  It would open up access to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets for Six Flags.  With the relationship Six Flags has with EPR Properties,  it is possible for EPR to acquire the park and lease it back to Six Flags.  Everyone is expecting the new owners of Parques Reunidos to begin selling off parks (mostly in the U.S.) in the first half of next year.  Some people believe that SeaWorld is looking to expand it's footprint by acquiring some regional parks in the next couple of years, but this is just a rumor.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Yes, I have thought Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark would be acquired by Six Flags for some time.  It would open up access to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets for Six Flags.  With the relationship Six Flags has with EPR Properties,  it is possible for EPR to acquire the park and lease it back to Six Flags.  Everyone is expecting the new owners of Parques Reunidos to begin selling off parks (mostly in the U.S.) in the first half of next year.  Some people believe that SeaWorld is looking to expand it's footprint by acquiring some regional parks in the next couple of years, but this is just a rumor.

*Attempts to turn Kentucky Kingdom into Busch Gardens Asia and fails*, just an idea I threw into a novel series

I haven't been to a PR park yet but I've heard a lot of bad things about them : bad operations, crappy maintenance etc. Any truth to this ? ( or is it a bunch of Boulder Dash : P )

If there is then I'd guess it would be nice to have some of their parks be taken under someone else's wing.

Edited by Llama Drama

Tried to go to the park today and my god, was it a mess. The park looked completely mobbed, with the car lines backing up over the overpass. They even had the secondary entrance closed. It was a nightmare just to turn around to get home and an SUV nearly pushed me off the road. 

It was like the perfect storm of anything that could cause crowds. Excellent weather, bring a friend free, the deadline to process season passes to get the free gold upgrade from the Flash Sale and many schools closed tomorrow so almost like a Saturday for many visitors. I almost went to Hershey, saw 2 1/4 hour waits for Comet and Lightning Racer on the app plus a lot of closed rides and decided against it. 

It also looks like Friday nights during Fright Fest are no longer low crowd days. It used to be just the last 2 Friday nights in October were bad but Queue Times was showing hour plus waits for some rides this past few Friday nights.

Friday FF nights have not been low crowds since 2004. Also didn't help that there was a turned over car on the southbound side of 537, he must have been going pretty fast. Also I found out it was a Jewish holiday, which they can be pretty busy. Anyway, the traffic was a nightmare, besides the Southern entrance being closed, the first jug handle after the park was blocked off by the police. 

On 9/28/2019 at 12:49 AM, RD30 said:

Hey all. Me and my friend are going to the park on Sunday, and were wondering if anyone has had experience sneaking drinks into the park, and if its easy, hard, or just not possible at all.

Every time I go, I stick two full water bottles in my bag. Sometimes I even have bars or candy. I have never been stopped. Even before the park went to airport style x-ray machines

Just now, Squidy2201 said:

Every time I go, I stick two full water bottles in my bag. Sometimes I even have bars or candy. I have never been stopped. Even before the park went to airport style x-ray machines

My wife tried to bring in a bottle of Vitamin Water and they told her to get rid of it.