VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Jersey Devil BBQ sounds really good! It’ll be nice to have a second BBQ restaurant on the opposite side of Best of the West. I wonder if they’ll have different/exclusive options to tie-in with JD.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, GAcoaster said:

Apparently they "don't know" whether the kids rides will come back or not. I would have thought they'd have some idea by now...

Some decisions aren’t made until a couple of weeks before park opening.  I know it becomes a challenge for those responsible for submitting changes to the park map when getting them printed for the new season.  

On 2/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

My guess is that they're obviously concentrating on JD right now, and fixing the kiddie section situation is one of the next steps, most likely for next year. Until that plan is worked out, they can't say anything that people are going to interpret as a promise when it's not yet set in stone.

100%

I get that they basically have to see if they can afford to put those rides back after the potential cost over runs of building JD, but it's frustrating that they can't budget that no matter what. To have lost the kids coaster and several rides like that with no replacements seems like a problem. Just like in the past when they have closed kids rides and areas then had to put them back due to guest complaints. I'm guessing they'll open without any of them re-installed and then by mid-July they'll have rebuilt two of them. 

By now they should know this will happen, but then again this is the same park that always seems to get caught off guard that Fright Fest comes each September... 😄

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

If next year is new kids area revamp, could kiddie train ride will be return for Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

That area is very tight. I can only see a new kids coaster there...but very unlikely. 

I see the "Old Country" entrance (DC Super Friends) and Plaza Del Carnival as new kids area plots (something New)...maybe National Park is renamed Boomtown, but I don't see Safari Kids getting touched any further

• 4 weeks later...

That's a perfect location for Jersey Devil BBQ!  The path to JDC forms a nice complete circuit with the kids' areas too.

Speaking of, the Adventure Kids location should help spruce up that side of Main Street.  It felt a little empty with just snacks and photos, so having a new shop there will be nice.

2 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I'm expecting Safari Kids will transform into Bugs Bunny Boomtown, and add DC Super Friends kids area near by Justice League and Cyborg next year. Also where is DC Universe portal entrance?

I actually want a new between Kingda and Zumanjaro to fit the jungle theme or a Barrio (Neighborhood) expansion to Plaza Del Carnival with a cut through past the Twister Section of El Toro. It's not like that area is very useful except for Cell Block 6 or an Endeavor in El Diablo's place. I do see the chance of a new kiddie coaster at this point, but families can settle for Vapor Trail, Harleyquinn, and Slime Streak right? ok maybe not the last one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 1:24 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

DC Comics characters meet & greet (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Supergirl, the Flash, etc...)

What about Cyborg? Warner Bros. Movie World Australia and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has him...

On 3/10/2020 at 5:38 PM, GAcoaster said:

ESxnuebWoAAQ23G?format=jpg&name=large

ESxnueaX0AACmHM?format=jpg&name=large

One of the things that really bums me out about GAdv in recent years is how much the signage quality has deteriorated. It appears that the once-expert signage department has probably been reduced to a guy with Microsoft Paint and a screen printer.

Decided to try out the code window in the text box for my "about me" page and wound up wiping half of the page by mistake! :54:

Still haven't figured out how it works...

New about me page in the works as well now due to my mistakes lol

Edited by laurenalexis

It looks like the parks are going to be rolling out some new member perks in response to the virus, with an option to either “pause” or “hold” your account while the park stays closed. Personally, I’m going to keep making payments. Triple points will make hitting the 5,000/10,000 point mark for free bring a friend tickets will be a lot easier. And 3 skip the line passes per visit would be a huge perk! 

1354468A-0262-48E4-839A-3780786D06CF.jpeg

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Is Six Flags will go bankrupt again in the future due to virus?

well, if they meant to do that. i expect warner bros to buy the parks like paramount bought kings entertainment parks

Even when GAdv and the other regional parks do open, not sure how safe they will be. NYC is the biggest virus hotspot, and NYers flood into GAdv, quite a few flock to Dorney anymore too. This makes me wonder if the PA parks may be allowed to open sooner than NJ parks?