VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Quest for Camelot Show

Quest for Camelot was a great show- Time Warner's counterpart to Disneyland's Fantasmic.

The one thing it had against it was it lasted about two songs longer than it should have; if they trimmed the runtime down by several minutes it would have been better.

There's a lot of equipment still installed around the lake which was originally added for Quest.

Well, that and it was a movie no one had actually seen or cared about :D

I think that was one of the big problems Warner had was they really didn't have many movie franchises that translated well into theme park experiences, with the exception of Batman. Even things that were successful attractions (like The Right Stuff and the Lethal Weapon Stunt Show) were kind of lackluster in their crossover appeal as movie to attraction. Movies that are R rated don't translate to family theme park attractions very well.

I didn't like the Lethal Weapon Stunt Show

Nor did I enjoy Weekend Worriors!

I just don't think I look those water shows for some reason :Ninja:

I do love the Parade though! :D

I remember seeing the old Quest for Camelot show at the Ski Arena, never saw the movie itself but I guess nobody did LOL. Still the show at the park was decent. The Lethal Weapon show was okay, the best part was the tank but I never liked those movies or Mel. Even though I have been going to GAdv since 1987 I don't think I ever saw the fire Hydrants opened at the park but my parents probably would not have taken me there on a day that hot.

Edited by The Master

Movies that are R rated don't translate to family theme park attractions very well.

Right Stuff was rated PG. Even though it had some things you'd expect from an R rated film.

Edited by MarioSonic94

I remember going to see Quest for Camelot in the movies so that I would know what the show was about at GA. It really should have worked the other way!

The opening number of the show was the song in the YouTube video below. The park installed large spotlights all around the lake to simulate the scene at the end of this video. The lake was suppose to be the Roundtable and the lights projected beams which all met over the center of it simlar to the movie scene (2:20 on the video). It was pretty impressive.

gallery_2_31_410266.jpg

gallery_2_31_384543.jpg

When did this show run? I still think it would be in six flags best intrest to bring back the ski show, they could do an extreme jump show or something like that. Or the could at least do it on weekends to save money since those are the busiest days.

I liked the Quest For Camelot show too. Never saw the actual movie though. The water screen was really cool. They should bring back the ski show. That was so funny. The guy selling Bomb Pops always made me laugh. I would watch that at least once on each visit.

• 2 weeks later...
Right Stuff was rated PG. Even though it had some things you'd expect from an R rated film.

Luis L.

That's because back in 1983 they did not have PG-13 rating. PG-13 movies are allowed to say the F word once.

That's because back in 1983 they did not have PG-13 rating. PG-13 movies are allowed to say the F word once.

They say the F word 2 or 3 times in the Right Stuff

Edited by MarioSonic94

They also say the P word a few times too besides a few of the testing scenes. Still PG was a odd rating for The Right Stuff back then.

Back to the topic, I remember during the show they had a dragon come out and dance some.

I remember during the show they had a dragon come out and dance some.

You are right! The two headed dragon "Devon and Cornwall" sang If I Didn't Have You which was voiced by Eric Idle and Don Rickles. Click HERE to hear a clip of the song.

Two employees were needed for the costume and they performed on the center stage of the Great Lake Grandstand.

200px-Quest_for_Camelot-_Poster.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

When we had our book signing at the park last Fall, two visitors stopped by and let us know they had a video of the Quest for Camleot show.

If you happen to read this and do have video of the show please contact us at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com.

We are still VERY interested in obtaining a copy. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm in the Minority. I actually saw the movie. It was one of the more enjoyable and child friendly story in the WB movie Series. but lacked the Artistic quality of say Anastasia. The movie was pretty good. But as much as WB tried they couldn't pull the power of disney even if there movies were better at the time then Disney.

I did technically see the show. It was in 2001. The show had just started and they would not let people into the stands because of a few low class fireworks set up on the side shore line. The water screens were good but A bit hard to see. the show itself was enjoyable.

On a side note I also saw the Lethal Weapon Stunt show which I enjoyed. I happen to like the movie. I found it a refreshing change over the over used Batman shows.