VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Most Dissapointing Park You've Been To

GAcoaster

Six Flags America was the worst Theme park I've ever been to. I don't feel safe on the roller coasters. Especially, ROAR and Superman: Ride of Steel

I feel the same way about six flags America. I was there a few months ago and it just seemed dirty. The trashcans were all overflowing, and the paths especially by batwing were just filthy. Along with the mess I was shocked with how bad the ride operations were. When I got there an hour after opening, every single rollercoaster except for batwing was closed. Thankfully later in the day they all reopened with few people in lines. Since the lines were so small that day only one train was being used on each ride. Due to long boarding times for batwing I waited about 45 minutes where there were 3 dispatches the whole time I was in line. It was just pathetic. I enjoyed most of the other rides but Roar was rougher than rolling thunder in the back row!

Lastly, I didn't feel safe either the people were cursing and yelling, and the operators didn't seem too safety oriented. As we were boarding Wild One it started to thunder. We said something to the ride operators but they let us go anyway. What a sight it was seeing lightning as we were going up he lift.

Yeah I totally agree. It's just the atmosphere at America isn't that great. The place looks dirty. Its not very well maintained. The area surrounding America is not the best of areas with the crowd of people that live there. The park management is very disrespectful/not caring. I say that Six Flags America is the worst Six Flags park in the chain.

I just got a message from Dainan (who is at Cedar Point), and it sounds like he's kind of disappointed with the park not living up to expectations. It got me thinking, what has been the most disappointing park you've visited? Which parks haven't lived up to the hype or your expectations?

For me the park that was the biggest letdown was King's Island. I had always heard it was SUCH a great park...enthusiasts gushed about it all the time. I had been to Kings Dominion several times and enjoyed it, but I always heard the KI was even better. I thought KI was generally a run down place, with only one really good coaster and a lot of crappy ones. I was not disappointed by The Beast... I thought it was as good as I had always heard, but the rest of the park just didn't do much for me. I think Kings Dominion is a MUCH better park, thought enthusiasts still seem to think KI is the better of the two.

Old post to quote but still lol

I was disappointing by .... gasp.... sfga'd when I made my only visit in 2009. Kings Island is more well rounded then sfga'd is.

There's no doubt KI is a well rounded park, but it just felt very generic in most areas. Now, keep in mind I visited in 2002 and I was expecting a lot since I've been to KD several times. I thought KD was just nicer overall despite the fact that generally everyone was gaga for KI and KD was always an also ran to most enthusiasts.

• 1 year later...

We had the worst time at Clementon Park. It was mid August, weekday and was somewhat crowded. Seemed they had hardly any help, they burned the hamburgers and fries were cold. The wooden coaster was closed and even 1/2 the land rides were closed. And even when we wanted to buy souveniors (don't know why) their shelves were empty. It was so bad I email them (which I never do). I did receive an apology and 3 tickets to return by the end of the year buy by then they were closing in a week anyway.

Kings Dominion is a hit or miss also, a few years ago we went at the end of summer (actually alot of the VA kids were back in school) and had a great time. Hardly any wait, park was clean, food was good; stayed at the Hotel in the park which was nice and went to the water park the next day. Loved it so much we went back in mid June and it was the complete opposite. 1/2 the food stands were open, poor food, poor ride dispatch, only 1 train was rolling for I305. We got there at 10am and almost left at noon. It was that bad.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Kentucky Kingdom. I was expecting a bad Six Flags America, but it was somehow worse than that.

The food was decent but when there is only one place with decent food ain't that good. Roads throughout the middle of the park no shade all throughout really felt like Herschend doesn't care about the park. Lightning run was excellent and Storm Chaser was good. But when the rest of the park feels like an awful Six Flags park, you know you screwed up.

It's a shame Herschend seems to treat the smaller parks like Kentucky Kingdom and Wild Adventures a lot worse than the larger parks. I know they aren't going to get major new rides every as often as Dollywood and SDC but once in a while they could use something better. I am just over 3 hours from Wild Adventures and don't feel like it's worth the effort to go just to ride a bunch of clones I have ridden elsewhere.

On 5/16/2011 at 6:18 PM, Yoshi said:

King's Dominion. I had a great trip in 1989 before Paramount ran the park but went back in 1996 and had a horrible time. My last trip was in 2003 and it was just as bad. Horrible operations, 1 train on many coasters with long waits, the park was dirty and the employees were rude (not all of them but more than expected). I will probably give the park another chance since I haven't been back since CF took over since I still need almost all the credits there (I only have Rebel Yell Blue and Scooby Ghoster Coaster)

I am quoting myself from almost 13 years ago. I did return to Kings Dominion in 2019 and had a much better visit. I waited 5 - 10 minutes for everything except 20 minutes for Twisted Timbers and really liked most of their coaster lineup. Most coasters were running multiple trains even with the short lines. I also liked that Dominator opened early so I could go to another ride at official park opening.

• Like 1