VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFGA Season Pass Changes

Yoshi

I got this email 

I want to thank you for being a 2020/2021 Season Pass Holder during what was a challenging year for everyone.

We’re putting our 2022 Season Passes on sale next week. In appreciation for your patience, patronage, and support, we are going to send you a deeply discounted special offer on 2022 Season Passes.

You’ll receive your special offer by email on Thursday, August 26. Please do not buy your 2022 Season Passes from our regular website at the regular price.

Again, thank you so much for being our guest this year. We have an exciting season planned for 2022, and look forward to you being part of it.”

The 2020/2021 pass was already such a great price, it will be interesting to see what the 2022 pass is priced at.

• Like 1

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets#

2022 Season Pass changes:

"A 2022 Season Pass gives you unlimited visits to the park whenever it is open. It can be used from the day it is purchased until the end of the 2022 Season.

Season Passes are not valid during private parties or separately ticketed events.

Every Season Pass purchaser also receives a free ticket to Fright Fest, and, when applicable, Holiday in the Park. In 2022 Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park tickets are subject to blockout dates. For unlimited access to Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, you can become a Member!

For the first time, 2022 Season Pass Holders can now join Six Flags Rewards, our exclusive loyalty program that offers prizes for riding rides, seeing shows, and having fun at the park. There are no additional costs to participate in Six Flags Rewards, although eligibility criteria applies."

"Your Season Pass is only valid for admission at the park you purchased your pass from. If you purchased a 2 or 3 Park Pass then your Season Pass will be valid at the parks included. You cannot use a Season Pass for admission to other Six Flags theme parks and water parks.

Six Flags Members receive unlimited admission and parking at ALL outdoor Six Flags theme parks and Hurricane Harbor waterparks. If you plan to visit multiple parks this year, please become a Member!"

As season pass holder for the past 10+ years, it is frustrating to me how each year they give less and less benefits to season pass holders and basically don't care about anyone other than members. I understand from a marketing and economical standpoint, memberships are the way for them to make the most money, but idk, I just like paying once and having the pass all year. I simply don't want to have to pay monthly. I have no issue with paying more money for a season pass that has extra benefits like access to all parks, bring a friend free, etc. Kinda wish they would offer season passes in tiers like they do with memberships. 

• Thanks 2

Just when I think SF can't go any lower they find a way to do so. This is an attempt to force SP stragglers to switch to memberships. Between this and Disney, the era of season passes is ending. The disturbing part is that it meshes with big economic push away from private ownership towards renting everything instead which is part of the Great Reset. 

• Thanks 1

This is disappointing to me for the same reason 123 mentioned. I'm not sure what I will be doing. I seem to be the only one in my family who still wants to go to the park and when I travel for work I always hope to find a SF park I can visit. 

We haven't been able to make it to Great Adventure yet this year. I expected we would go a couple of times to Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park a couple of times each. I guess we wont get to do that in our current season pass situation. For that I don't know if its fair to complain. Our passes were extended this year but it is getting to the time that we would renew our passes. Now it seems that it wont help us this fall or winter. 

Maybe to not feel like I'm making a monthly payment I can set up an account with a prepaid visa card that can be charged for the monthly fee.  

Just my ramblings. Thank you for listening.

This news disappoints me and I may not be renewing my 3 passes.  I do not like paying monthly bills and adding to my credit card each month. 

Also the crowd this past season has become much different.  It has been very rough and my family and I have had several encounters.  When this happened staff did not care and looked the other way . 

Unfortunately the park is changing. 

I agree that the membership is still a great deal, but my problem is really that I don't want to be paying for it monthly, there are a few reasons behind that. I just like getting the pass and knowing that it's good and paid for for the next year. And with a membership you still pay on months the park is closed (I know it is only a few months but still). And honestly I think them pushing the memberships on us by stripping season pass holders of any priority just makes me want to get a membership less. Like I said, I would love it if they could have season pass tiers where you pay more to get more benefits similar to the memberships but just that it is good for one season and you pay at once.

• Like 1

I've been a season pass holder for several years now. Definitely considering the membership even though I dislike the idea of paying monthly....wish there was a yearly option. 

Season pass at $50 is a great deal but I like the perk of going to other theme parks and discounts. 

Just curious, anyone know what the discount is on the flash pass for members? and is there a difference in discount between the tiers?

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/memberships doesn't say explicitly. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with a lot of the consensus here - for whatever reason, I really prefer a one-time annual fee as opposed to monthly payments.  I've indicated on numerous surveys that I'd get a membership with no hesitation if that option was available.  Incidentally, I scrolled down on the page and found that annual memberships were indeed being offered... At more than double the cost of what you'd pay for the monthly!!  What a shame.  I find all the membership price points to be more than fair and would happily pay for them if there was an appropriately reflective bulk payment option.

I also felt that a more premium season pass would be a nice compromise, but sadly, it seems the passes as a whole are going the way of the dodo.  I wasn't prompted for any of the usual add-ons during checkout when buying my passes this time around (dining plans, shopping, etc).

• Like 1

So with the 2022 season passes, you can only go once each to FF and HITP? That is how I understand Medusa42's post but can't find more info about it on Six Flag's website. 

Frankly, FF isn't worth being an upcharge event, even Dorney has far better mazes that aren't upcharges than GADV. Still I would not like being blacked out most of the fall from GADV. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Master said:

So with the 2022 season passes, you can only go once each to FF and HITP? That is how I understand Medusa42's post but can't find more info about it on Six Flag's website. 

Frankly, FF isn't worth being an upcharge event, even Dorney has far better mazes that aren't upcharges than GADV. Still I would not like being blacked out most of the fall from GADV. 

There was originally something about only getting one visit to FF and HITP but it seems to have been removed from the website, so I would assume it is no longer true and they took it out after realizing it wasn't a good policy.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, SFGadv123 said:

There was originally something about only getting one visit to FF and HITP but it seems to have been removed from the website, so I would assume it is no longer true and they took it out after realizing it wasn't a good policy.

Yeah, it looks like the wording may have changed.

Edited by Medusa42

I haven't pulled the trigger on renewal of our SPs yet either. Not sure im going to for all the reasons stated above. I dislike the monthly payment aspect, but i like being able to goto any SF park, etc etc. also my kids are older now (17& 14) so we dont go like when they were little& i dont care to go alone very often.  I've met up with people from various organizations in the park before- alot of them are friggen weirdos to be honest.  Most likely will not be renewing. Kind of an end of an era. I feel like GA is pushing memberships hard and im tired of being pushed into things i dont want these days. Sad! 

Edited by fetish911
  • Sad 1

According to Screamscape, GADV is reinstituting reservations for FF. They must have decided to go with that rather than reetrict SPs. I ended up renewing my SP, while I don't like not being able to go to other SF parks I have not been to other SF parks for a few years. As long as I can get to GADV more than once in the Fall and early Winter I am ok. 

Agreed that some of the people in those amusement fan organizations are odd to put it nicely. 

• Like 1