VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2008-- Weekends Through November 2nd!

GAcoaster

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I'm feeling in the mood for Halloween! :Jack:

So far we know Dead Man's Party is back.

If I had to guess, we will be seeing a haunt/scare zone or even a hayride running through the former Old Country section of the park. Any ideas on what else may be "new" this year?

Hopefully Elvira is back in place of Fly Me to the Moon!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Elvira will be in just because I don't think the FMTTM has received the reception the park was hoping for when they replaces Spongebob this year. I thought I remember somewhere hearing that there would be multiple walkthroughs and that the Hayride should be revamped and returning this year. I think we may see a new show inside what used to be season pass processing instead of Zambora which while mildly entertaining, just never seemed to have too many people. All I can say though is that if the park is able to better corall the patrons than last year when the Terror Trail's line wrapped itself around the carousel and everything, then I wil be happy. It would be kind of cool if they modified the Glow In The Dark Parade to be more fitting of the Halloween season :)

Hello all. I’m fairly new to the site but it’s great, btw.

Anyways... I am too excited, ever since the casting call post was put up. Unfortunately because of my age I can’t work there yet. :Z001_unsure: I did want to be a tech.

But I am in the Halloween mood now too. :Bat2:

Awesome... I go nuts decorating for the fall Holidays Halloween included. Maybe it's just the soccer player in me, but the cooling/cold weather, nice but breezy afternoons, and early darkness just seem so calming and natural to me. So when I am at the park it is just the epitome of that in one of my favorite places to be. I just can't get enough of it and I'm sure you will all hear many a visit this season during the October month smile.gif

I love Halloween but it can take it's time coming. I have always hated the fact that the weather cools down in the fall, last year was great with temps in the 90s and I could still swim in my pool in Oct! It was such a shame the park was not open most of the Friday nights last year during such unusually nice weather. The brown stuff is just ripped up burlap.

Edited by The Master

Does anybody know what the brown material the park hangs on the buildings is called and where I might be able to get some. I would love to add some to my yard. =]

It's jute netting; you should be able to find it at a garden center or nursery. It's used to prevent erosion...

It's jute netting; you should be able to find it at a garden center or nursery. It's used to prevent erosion...

Thanks!! :D

And I know that the webs are cheese cloth but the chesse cloth I use dosnt come out nearly as good as the parks does, anybody know a little more about their webs?

Thanks!! :D

And I know that the webs are cheese cloth but the chesse cloth I use dosnt come out nearly as good as the parks does, anybody know a little more about their webs?

They get giant industrial-size bolts of the cheesecloth and hack away at them with a knife, followed by stretching, pulling and tearing. I haven't been able to find bolts that compare to what they get...

I don't know the details on what the park will be doing in the off-season (yet), but I know we will be following construction progress, as well as some other surprises. Plus WE (at GAH) have a lot of exciting new things coming this year in the off-season. And maybe a sneak preview of something REALLY exciting coming to the park for 2009 ;)

Back to the Fright Fest discussions...

I have a feeling the new pavement in the old Evolution site may be in preparation for a Fright Fest attraction of some sort:

071808-022.jpg

I also could easily see the Jeep Test Track area being used for a hayride this year:

071808-032.jpg

071808-029.jpg

There's a LOT of room there, and it's got a great spot for a queue and loading area:

071808-030.jpg

One of the things Mark Kane has expressed is that the Fright Fest attractions should be kept INSIDE the confines of the park. That area is big enough to build a hayride and even a walk-through scare zone or two in the Old Country area. It's perfect because the queues could be tucked away from the main paths of the park so we wouldn't have the insane lines in front of the Carousel and Character Cafe for the scare zones like last season. I could almost see Old Country becoming a Fright Fest section for the season, with the gates opening at each end just after 6PM each day.

After looking at the Six Flags website, I noticed the Fright Fest event being added to some of the park pages. Shouldn't be long now until we see it added to Great Adventure's page.

Apparently Six Flags has lined up a national sponsor for Fright Fest:

thumb_2008FFlogo.jpg

Yummy Snickers!!! :D

If that area of concrete is for fright fest, thats cool, but I dont want it to stay that way over the offseason, perfect size for a drop tower. Guest dont come to see the amazing slab of concrete. Thats all that little section is..concrete..some more concrete, and did I mention the concrete?

Could the area of concrete be a new stage and audience area for Dead Man's Party? If I had to quess that would be it.

I dont think so. They need the ferris wheel to hold the lights and speakers. Granted they could buy truses but the big wheel is fine. I dont think that concrete is a big deal, probley just because those plant were sitting there in the middle of the path. If it is for fright fest is is most likely for captain keelhauls casting call. If they still have that show. I remember the stage being there last year but dont remember the show.

09292006-007.jpg

Edited by southview2