VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2008-- Weekends Through November 2nd!

GAcoaster

Nice info. on Fright Fest. Escape from the Asylum sounds like an attraction for Chiller's area. I wondered if Six Flags purchased any of the haunted houses from Delaware's now defunct Scareworld? The scenery from The Butcher Shop were a fit for an asylum walk through.

Edited by darkridedan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest warnerleroy

it'd be interesting that if Chiller's observatory and station are turned into Dr. Frankensteins labrotory and castle with a frankenstein-themed hayride and reopen Old Country as the Bavarian village in which the story takes place. Heck, instead of a hayrides, maybe a dark ride could be there. A win/win situation-reopen old country and get a new, high quality dark ride. :P

The Asylum listing caught my eye right away. This maybe is what will be in the Alcatraz building, it definetly sounds like a indoor walkthru. I'm still not convinced anything will be in the Old Country area. Mind you we still have alot of time, but the inside of Chiller is ripped up really bad. Lot's of loose wires, light fixtures hanging by their wires, and the ceiling has some spots where their is no ceiling at all, it's open to the Station Area. The area behind Chiller I think will be something though, the Entrance/Exit could be at the gate to the left of TDK, and have the Que in the open area in front of Freefall's old spot. That is a really big space in there, and has a lot of potential for something good.

I could see Alcatraz being used for the Asylum, or the Chiller's station. It kind of reminds me in name only of the walkthrough "Nightmare" from a few seasons back which I actually enjoyed in both simplicity and its play on your senses. Something like that wlould not be too bad on a larger scale than it was inside the old Castle Arcade/Blacklight Mini Golf building.

I just hope there is a Hyride as I am really craving it one this season after not having one last year. Its funny I seem to be on a every two plan. 2005 I didn't make the Haride (as the line was already over 3 hours long at opening around 7pm) instead we did the smaller venues like Nightmare. In 2006 we did both the Hayride and Terror Trail. And last year there was no Hayride so I need one to keep up my pace :)

Guest warnerleroy
gallery_1_9_184987.jpg

Wheel of Fright Sounds New? Could it be possible they moved Dead Man's Party and making Big Wheel some new Halloween attraction? Like I said before, I don't want Giant Wheel to leave, but the SPider of Doom would look awesome with it's arms stretched out across the columns and maybe KONG next to it?

I believe Wheel of Fright is returning from last season. i was where they would bring people up aon stage and spin a wheel and whatever it landed on they had to do whether it was eat something nasty, go in the coffin of fear, or various other items. I wish i had a picture to show you but that seems to hae escaped my camera last year.

In terms of the Hayride I'm not gonna lie I'm kinda pissed off now. Lets be honest they had an entire year to figure something out and a place to ride the tractors through and hell they could have spent time working on the plans for a long time now. It just means less people will get to do the other attractions because there is no Hayride to take some of that fanfare away. Pretty dissapointed and now I have to wonder if its worth even trying for a walkthrough because i'll be on line for hours upon hours :(

The problem with the hayride is it takes too much staffing (all the actors, drivers and attendants on each tractor), has limited capacity, and is always a disappointment. I'll bet they get more complaints about the hayride than they do about NOT having one. After waiting in line for over an hour for the hayride, guests expectations were too high to EVER be met by what they could do on the budget they had.

I understand that trust me I fully understand the fundamentals and economic factors. I just really feel like a big part of Fright Fest is missing. Was the Hayride much better in the past than recent ones in my memory? Absolutely, but at the same time for myself personally even a sub-par Hayride is better than none at all. I like walkthrough attractions as much as the rest of us, but I just look forward to taking that Hayride in the dark in the Halloween environment. I guess I am just dissapointed is the biggest thing which tends to turn into rant as I'm sure most of you notice :(

The problem with the hayride is it takes too much staffing (all the actors, drivers and attendants on each tractor), has limited capacity, and is always a disappointment. I'll bet they get more complaints about the hayride than they do about NOT having one. After waiting in line for over an hour for the hayride, guests expectations were too high to EVER be met by what they could do on the budget they had.

You are very right about the staffing. Once everyone goes back to School staffing is a major issue for the Park. There was a at least one day last Season that I know of where they had to close Lonney Toons Seaport because everyone called out. When a whole section of the park has to close because their is not enough staff, it is a big problem. When the school kids only have a few days left, and they know they will not work there again, they just don't care.