VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Cant wait to go to SFNE on thurs and finally ride wicked cyclone. By any chance, anyone know how much tolls etc on average cost from NJ(from gadv area) to there??

A lot. George Washington Bridge is $14 cash. I think in total, it costed $25 with my dad's EZ Pass, and that's cheaper than paying with cash.

Took the 4 hour trip up from NJ today, which was my first trip in 11 years. We just spent a couple hours at the park as we will have an entire day at the park tomorrow. Some notes...

-Wicked Cyclone was AMAZING!!! I got 2 rides on it; once in the 2nd to last row around 5pm, and once in the very front row around 9pm. After 9 years of being my number 1 overall, I think El Toro has finally been dethroned. The airtime on all hills was about as strong as Toro's RT crossover hill, the hangtime on the inversions took me way off guard, the transitions are a lot snappier than the POV's make them look, the pacing is rapid fire, and it is probably smoother than any B&M I have been on. Truly incredible.

I remember Robb saying Outlaw Run was like the B:TR of wooden coasters...to me, that is the perfect description of this ride (I know, I know...WC is I-Box). There isn't really one second of rest. BTW, I don't know if this is new due to the wheels switching over, but WC has quite a loud roar that I didn't sense from any off-ride footage.

-Having ridden S:RoS in its former glory, I must say Bizarro was running every bit as fast and intense as it did in 2004. I only rode it in the first 2 rows, which were my preferences 11 years ago, so I can't speak for how the back rides. However, the new trains do really suck. I did notice some solid rattles in a couple of transitions, the lap bars hit the thigh in a more uncomfortable spot than the old trains, and the audio is horrific. Very loud and very obnoxious.

As I said, though, the ride didn't feel sluggish. I got ejector on every hill, and positive G's in the overbank and first helix. If WC wasn't down the midway, it would still be my number 1 steel.

-Operations were piss-poor. WC was running only 1 train and Bizarro was stacking every cycle. Line cutting was apparent at WC despite security presence. On the flip side, I thought the park looked great. Very underrated theming and structural atmosphere. Of course the usual SF operations and clientele takes the park down a notch, but it is a pretty park with an incredible 1-2 coaster punch.

Can't wait for my full day tomorrow with either a gold or platinum flash pass!

I have a featured SAG role in this. I'm in the Champ's (Pretty Ricky) Posse. I'm in the locker room before the fight, walk to the ring with the champ, and I sit ringside for the big fight at the end. The best part is i get in the ring at the end of the big fight the same time Rocky is in the ring. We shot 3 diff ending's, one where Adonis Creed wins, loses, and a "draw". It's going to be really good, it's not just another "Rocky" movie. It may be an Oscar contender.

https://youtu.be/fCBzWLVQgk8

Edited by Railer

Disney Hollywood Studios really seems to be sucking wind these days. With so many attraction closures including the recent announcement of Disney Animation shuttering, there is hardly anything left in the park. It is down to 15 attractions (including everything like Fantasmic and temporary Frozen shows) and of those 15 only five rides. So sad that the most recent ride is Toy Story Midway Mania from 2008 - nothing after that. They really need to announce the park's big overhaul soon and build the new things a lot quicker than the 3+ year turnaround it took parts of New Fantasyland to come online.

I'm very disappointed the Animation building is closing. It was great when it first opened when you could see the animators working and it was a tour compared to now with just the film and activities. I am really going to miss Animation Academy. It was a lot of fun to learn how to draw Disney characters and nice to be able to get a free souvenir.

I hope they add another coaster maybe on the same thrill level as Big Thunder Mountain and some tame rides that everyone in the family can ride. Even something like Toy Story Playland would be good to start with and give the park 3 more rides.

The strongest rumours for Disney's Hollywood Studios is a massive Star Wars themed land. Starting to close scarcely visited and dated attractions helps begin that process.

There's a great write-up of all the speculation for DHS over at themeparkuniversity.com

I kind of mentioned this on my Trip Report, but does anyone have any suggestions on any good beaches on the Jersey Shore right off of I195? Coming back from Belmar on Sunday, there was very little traffic on I195 to the NJT. When we go to OC or AC we hit all kinds of traffic and it could take us over 2 hours to get home compared to a little over an hour from Belmar. And if you know the beach tag prices would be helpful.... TKS.