VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Miscellaneous Mumblings

Thrill-Pics

Driving back home from Dorney today I saw something I really wasn't expecting this time of year, snow. For a few minutes of driving it was 36 degrees and snowing in the middle of May. It was like the opposite of that 70 degree day in December on a Saturday when I went to Holiday in the Park.

^Wow! And to think Hurricane Harbor opens next weekend!

That is crazy! Jackson, NJ is usually a little warmer than Allentown, PA.

BTW the forecast isn't good for HH opening weekend, Sat will only be 61 and rainy. Sun will be sunny but borderline with a high of 70 which is cool for a waterpark.

Edited by The Master

Ended up getting there early and got to sit 6 rows from the President of the United States! Regardless of political opinion, it's an awesome and unforgettable experience to see what seems like every state trooper, sheriff, police officer, secret service agent, etc., followed by all the huge helicopters flying in, and to have a sitting president give the commencement address.

PS We should tell the park that I didn't even have to take off my belt to get past the Secret Service security!

e9YobYK.jpg

The other day I streamed "The Revenant" from Amazon. During playback, for one brief second, the picture froze, flashed the word loading, and then started again almost instantly. Two days later I got the following email from Amazon:

We noticed that you recently experienced poor video playback on Amazon Video. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and have issued you a refund for the following rental(s) and amount(s): $5.99 - The Revenant

I was impressed!

Finally watched the orginal 'Psycho' a few weeks ago as I've been watching bates motel for some time now.... Have to say was impressed for the way it seemed to follow and go along with the movie.

And as for the finale last night. OMG.

The other day I streamed "The Revenant" from Amazon. During playback, for one brief second, the picture froze, flashed the word loading, and then started again almost instantly. Two days later I got the following email from Amazon:

We noticed that you recently experienced poor video playback on Amazon Video. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and have issued you a refund for the following rental(s) and amount(s): [/size]$5.99 - The Revenant[/size]

I was impressed!

Amazon has such great customer service. The few times I have had a problem with an order, they are always quick to resolve it.

Well my son got a second concussion Tuesday playing football in gym and was taken by Ambulance to Abington Memorial Hospital. Along with the concussion he also got a facial contusion and after blowing his nose his entire right side face swelled up with air and/or fluid having to take him right back to the ER. Went to an ENT doctor yesterday (on his 16th birthday) and Cat Scan looked OK along with his hearing, eyes and nose... Too bad... was planning to hit GADV this Sunday with him but now he is "grounded" from coaster riding for a while... which means I AM GROUNDED ALSO!

So our school does two field trips for our grade. The first is Morey's Piers (only doing one pier) and the second is this amusement park and arcade in Mount Laurel called the Funplex which is adding a decent water park addition this year (I feel that Mount Laurel feel like a mini Wisconsin Dells now, but would feel like one in the future.).

I didn't know Funplex was adding so many water park attractions. The constrictor slide they are adding is one of my favorite slides at Wildwater Kingdom. I have been wanting to get there to ride the coaster but haven't gotten around to it.

I believe both locations are the same size. I actually went to the Mt. Laurel location last year, not for a school trip, and their water park was a small pool up to 6 feet deep and a mediocre play area with two 20 foot tall slides. It sucked, but the water park expansion is well deserved as it can compete with CoCo Keys which is five miles away which is also in Mt. Laurel.

gallery_631_1085_1942834.jpg
sorry, forgot how to make the picture larger from my gallery

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Adjusted size!
  • Like 1