VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spider of Doom at Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Over the past several years during Fright Fest, without making any "real" announcements, Great Adventure seemed to have subtlly (or maybe not so subtly) dropped a hint or two of the off-season removal of a ride for the following year.

Here's some of the evidence:

20052065c_small.jpg

20065289_small.jpg

100607-711_small.jpg

(It looks like the spider itself may have been doomed in 2007 as it was never inflated!)

So does anyone think we will see the Spider of Doom in the park this fall?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just joshing, but it would feel good to see this spider on a ride that I would never miss- Tango, Jolly Roger or Top-less.

There are only 3 rides in the park's history that I've never liked. Top Spin isn't one of them because it could be a good ride if it had a good program again; Pirate's Flight was the third.

I would probably hate to see S.U.F. or Medusa go because of my once-a-year obligatory ride, but if a time machine were invented, I would put the spider on the exec that greenlighted these two!

LOL. I don't like Zamperla, but that is not it. These rides to me don't compare with the intensity of the old tilt-a-whirl, Monster Spin, Calypso, Rodeo or Spinmeister nor do they deliver the quality family ride like Matterhorn, Swiss Bobb, Joust-a-Bout, Scrambler, Taz, Musik Express, or Flying Wave. They're good rides for the kiddie sections. I don't like a ride company that markets kiddie rides as family rides.

I too have a feeling the Spider could appear on Fantasy Fling in some sort of way, or I could even see it back on top of the Dolphin Arena again. What would be cool, however, would be for them to unattach one of the parachutes that they never use from Perch, and attach the spider. Then do up one of the sides with all webbing and stuff and have the spider gradually climb up and down the tower with a light on it duing the night. Would be a nice little effect, though it would ultimately doom the chutes I'm sure :(

Guest warnerleroy

Although I don't want to lose Big Wheel, just imagine the spider on it, with the legs reaching out across the columns, but I'm putting my money down on Fantasy Fling this season. It's a great ride( I love it) but with the way things are going, it's days are most likely numbered.

Edited by warnerleroy

• 3 weeks later...

I for one think its going on one of those Zamperla rides. Possibly Congo Rapids but it should hit The Dark Knight. T he movies was great but the ride sucks. I want Chiller back...

Edited by GAcoaster
Spelling and punctuation...please proofread before posting

• 2 weeks later...
I for one think its going on one of those Zamperla rides. Possibly Congo Rapids but it should hit The Dark Knight. T he movies was great but the ride sucks. I want Chiller back...

NO! Not on Dark Knight. I miss Chiller too, but Dark Knight isn't really that bad. We all agree it could be better, but look on the brightside, it's not FMTTM :P But back on topic, I think it'll hit Stunt Arena. Sadly there's a pattern going on in MovieTown. We've been losing something every uear:

2007: We lost Freefall

2008: We lost Water Effect

2009: ??Stunt Arena??

If it's not Stunt Arena, I hope it doesn't go on anything. If it's not on Stunt Arena but goes somewhere, sadly, it will probably be on teacups or rapids

I didn't make it past the Runaway Train tonite, so I didn't see this. I hope this doesen't mean anything this year, But it's popularity has faded alot. It opening at a later time than the rest of the Park hasn't been a good sign either. I hope it's not true, since it was a "World's First" for our park. Unless this is a ride with a that will be getting a some sort of "upgrade" for next year. Medusa X2?

Edited by Railer

• 2 weeks later...