VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor Visits in 2008

29yrswithaGApass

Experiencing Hurricane Harbor 2008  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you go to Hurricane Harbor in 2008?

• No
    • Once
    • Twice
    • Three or Four Times
    • Five or More Times
  2. 2. Which of these attractions did you experience in 2008? (check all that apply)

• Wave Pool
    • Lazy River
    • Water Slides
    • Children's Area
    • Beach Area (concert, volleyball, etc)
    • Just Relaxed - No Water!
    • N/A - Didn't go to Hurricane Harbor
  3. 3. Did you eat at Hurricane Harbor in 2008?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Did you purchase any Merchandise in 2008?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Did you make any Rentals in 2008? (check all that apply)

• Tube
    • Locker
    • No Rentals
  6. 6. When did you typically visit the park in 2008?

• Before 2pm
    • After 2pm
    • All Day

Me and my Family loved Hurricane Harbor this year. It was our first year of buying the 3 Park Passes and we will do it every year here on out. It is a nice change up from going to the Theme Park. From what I was told yesterday, it will 100% definetly have a new attraction next year. I spoke with a Manager named Mark, and he said that there will be a new attraction next year. They are not allowed at this time to reveal what it is yet, until the Official Announcement. I assume it will come when passes for next year go on sale, announcing what will be new, will boost Season Pass sales. I know i will miss it this week, it is supposed to be 90 degrees every day this week.

I almost never buy food at GAdv or Dorney anymore. Two years ago HH would still have been open for weekends in Sept, it is a shame that almost none of the local water parks are open on Sept weekends anymore. A few years ago both HH and WWK used to be open for weekends in Sept but it seems both have cheaped out. Hershey's Boardwalk was open for awhile in Sept last year but not this year. But at least WWK is open every day in June, HH has not been open for every day in June in years which sucks. Hopefully SF will restore HH's season to a full season by being open everyday in June and Sept weekends. Come to think of it you should add to the poll this question: did you think HH's season was long enough?

Edited by The Master

^ Welcome back!

The last time Hurricane Harbor stayed open into mid September was 2006. Below is a picture from September 16, 2006 at 1:02pm on a day with nice weather. Like it or not, unfortunately people seem to use Memorial Day and Labor Day as the "ON and OFF switch" for summer time activiies like water parks.

gallery_2_37_33697.jpg

Thanks it is nice to be back. I was at HH on it's last day iback n Sept of 06. It was a nice day, 85 deg, sunny, and uncrowded could not ask for a nicer day. It didn't even seem like the last day for the season. I know WWK uses a program where they hire lifeguards from outside of the US and the US govenment helps pay their salaries. So I don't know if the deal is they have to go back at the end of summer or not and maybe why they close earlier than they used too. I don't know if HH uses this same program but it does stink since most of WWK's lifeguards anymore speak very poor english which is not safe. But I had a good time at HH while the season lasted.

Edited by The Master

Didn't go at all this year got it all out in Wildwood and Ocean City in those water parks. I'm way too lazy to climb those things all day long. I Need some escalators !!

I Did try to vote but I get an error when I voted no. I think it wants me to make the other choices but they are not relevant since I did not go .

Edited by Upallnite