VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fall Family Night 2008-- September 26th

Railer

Thanks for the info, it really didn't seem like it was that many. I guess the park is so big even that many people still made it feel empty.

I just read on another site the park closed at 4:00 today and he said it was so empty he rode ET 3 times in a row in the front seat. I just checked the website and it still says they are open until 10:00 tonight! I know hours are subject to change without notice but you would expect them to change the website like they usually do like 3 weeks ago when they closed at 2:00 due to the horrible storm. What if someone checked the site at 5:00 and saw 10:00 and figured they had a few hours to go to the park only to find out it closed.

Edited by Yoshi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest problem was the lack of communication between the park and pass holders, they could have warned us about it closing early but they did not. They kept saying it would be open 5 to 10 which it was not.

Thanks for the info, it really didn't seem like it was that many. I guess the park is so big even that many people still made it feel empty.

I just read on another site the park closed at 4:00 today and he said it was so empty he rode ET 3 times in a row in the front seat. I just checked the website and it still says they are open until 10:00 tonight! I know hours are subject to change without notice but you would expect them to change the website like they usually do like 3 weeks ago when they closed at 2:00 due to the horrible storm. What if someone checked the site at 5:00 and saw 10:00 and figured they had a few hours to go to the park only to find out it closed.

The park closed at 4:00 because of the weather. Now yes they should note on the website when they are closing early but they dont because the control for the website is located at corparate HQ.

I think the biggest problem was the lack of communication between the park and pass holders, they could have warned us about it closing early but they did not. They kept saying it would be open 5 to 10 which it was not.

The original plan up till about 6:50 was to remain open till ten, so the people on the phone did not know that the park would be closing until a little over a half an hour before. Also you guy should be very luky they do SP holders events, the park makes bearly any money off of these events. Also for anyone who is complaining you guy knew when you decided to come to the park, that the weather had been really bad, and that when the weather is nasty the park may close down. Just my two cent on the subject

MRHSF

It had stopped rainning for awhile where I am and after calling them I thought it would be okay. So basicly you are saying calling them by phone to see if the park is open is useless then. I am sure I am not the only person to drive there only to find the park was closed after being told it would be open and thats the point. I was told it would be open so I expected it to be open. It just seems like the park relies on that park guests should just expect whenever GAdv feels like closing down early which is really halfassed. They should have either cancelled or had it a different night and tell people in advance. Not just open and see and let pass holders waste their time for nothing, that is really halfassing it and unfair to us and also makes it look like they just don't care about pass holders. They never come right out and say something like they might close down early tonight they rather just give you a nasty surprise instead. GAdv just could have handle something like this much better than they did and this is the kind of thing that hurts their reputation.

I probably am more angry than many of you because I got on zero rides since the front driveway gates were already locked so I had to back out carefully. Seems like most of the people here got on some rides so it was not a total waste of time for them but it was a total waste for me since I got on nothing only thing I got to do was go to that long U-turn and head back South and drive home.

Edited by The Master