VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Park Auction

warnerleroy

I was reading an article the other day about how a guy paid $350 for a pair of benches from Gueaga Lake's auction. It got me thinking.... Even though we all perish the thought of our park closing, if it did and there was an auction, what would you buy as an ultimate suveneir?(large rides and coasters don't count. I mean realistically, what would you buy, thought I could probably see Harry buying a kiddie ride to put in his backyard Six Flags :P ). I would probably buy the entrance roadway sign(the old blue banner logo entrance) and put that in my backyard. B)

Edited by warnerleroy

I still have a few keys for the doors. I think i still have a E10 and E20 key too.

I think I have a door key too. Now that I think more about it, I really want the boards that make the railings in Western's Station with all of our names carved in it! Does any one know if they have replaced any of the railings?

I think I have a door key too. Now that I think more about it, I really want the boards that make the railings in Western's Station with all of our names carved in it! Does any one know if they have replaced any of the railings?

I forgot all about all about that. I'm going to have to check now next time I'm there.

Flame columns would be cool.

Here's a list of stuff:

Nitro's sign (Sign or letters on the building)

Kingda Ka sign

Superman Ultimate Flight sign

The skull from skull mountain! Well, maybe that's pushing it a bit too far.

Actually, I think I've pushed it too far as a whole. I'll stop for now.

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot one... The top of the GASM loop from the safari!

In the Fall of 1988 the park had a "Yard Sale" where they got rid of a ton of old park merchandise, supplies, and "extras". I read about it in the newspaper the morning after it happened. :angry: I have an article which mentions some of the items that were sold. I'll try to locate it.

I was there...I didn't buy anything but there was some AMAZING stuff! I also remember that before the auction we in Show-Ops went around and "hid" a bunch of stuff that we didn't want auctioned, like our clown car (that's it behind Tweety):

gallery_1_2_105903.jpg

I think the coolest things they has were models of Ultra Twister that appeared to have been working models.

Ooooh these so many things that i'd bye if I had the money. here's a list

1. Chiller's Obsevatory and Ice Genarator

2. Snowy's snacks

3. blue pariot restrooms

4. coke-a-cola freezezone

5. batman stunt arena

6. HBO Backlot Sign

7. 10 Below

8. fozen coke-a-cola

9. Kowa Canyon Sign

10. stuntmans freefall star

and a souvaner back in 05', GreatAdventureOply. It was a monpoly game based of of GA.

I know it's all in my dreams. :( I'm a Huge Movietown Fan

Edited by JetzFan14

In the Fall of 1988 the park had a "Yard Sale" where they got rid of a ton of old park merchandise, supplies, and "extras". I read about it in the newspaper the morning after it happened. :angry: I have an article which mentions some of the items that were sold. I'll try to locate it.

The park BETTER do one again!!!!!!! Now I wish I could go back to 1988 for that day! Maybe if the Simulator Theater starts showing back to the Future, we could use the Dorlereon! And then go into the future to see what's coming in 2010. WE could also go back in time to ride rides that should have stayed. I know I'm off topic, but it's been 20 years, I know theres a lot of stuff laying around! Also, I would buy a Looney Tunes Character Costume if they were offered at the auction and not moved to another park. I'd also buy the tollbooth. A lot of people park on my street, I could easily make $1,000's by charging them for parking!

Edited by warnerleroy

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...