VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Off-Season Tour Feb 16th, 2009

29yrswithaGApass

That is good news to hear :) first time I heard about Old Country reopening. SF probably wants to put in a new anchor ride in that section when it reopens cause didn't they shut down OC because of the loss of Chiller which was the anchor ride there? Are they still planning to clear Old Country out and start from a clean slate?

Edited by The Master

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the tour it sounded as if Autobahn had a better chance of opening over the Musik Express. In my opinion, the area behind The Dark Knight and Chiller, as well as the SpinMeister and Musik Express sites, creates a large parcel of land centrally located in the park which is prime real estate for a major addition to an enhanced Old Country.

I just realizerd how much sense the park doesn't make. :huh: For example, they are closing the Old Country because it's not too much of a popular section and will reopen it when there are so many crowds it's needed. But why close Houdini then, which is one of the most popular rides in the park, and on busy days, has longer lines than somecoasters? It's like closing FMTTM and then clising Kingda Ka or El TOro.

See that I didn't know. I thought the park simply ran them and had decided to place them in the park last year since they had been inside of HH before that point. I guess I can understand that if someone else is running it that it would still be around.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

They closed Old Country to reduce the staffing needed. Between the rides, the games and the food stands that small area required a LOT of people to run things, and for a dead area it just didn't make sense.

That is what I meant since that area became dead with the loss of Chiller which was the main draw for people to that area. And until they can built a new big draw in Old Country it will probably stay closed.

Also didn't the cabanas in GAdv did not do very well since they kept cutting the price for them?

Edited by The Master