VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Off-Season Tour Feb 16th, 2009

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard to include all those smaller kiddie rides on the map given the limited size. There are several rides missing on the map in Looney Tunes Seaport and Balin's as well, but I am sure that is because the sampling they have illustrated serves to represent those general areas. I love those new maps! :)

I actually like Tango. It is a good Family Ride, and that is coming from a Family. It is one of the few rides in the Park that all of us can go on at the same time. And the Map is NOT exact, look at the entrance of Northern Star Arena.

Yeah Tango is fun, I usually ride it a few times a season since it never has a line and is a good ride to relax on since it is kind of tame.

Wait, did they ever mention that there might be some possibility that Houdini and Old Country can be seasonal attractions? Think of it, it would be easy to open up Old Countrys' fences for busy weekends like Fright Fest and the fourth of July and close it during the week. That way, they will be open, but it won't cost as much to operate them.

Unless they remove those cabanas opening the gates would be a pain because they would have to clear them out of the way and then put them back in place after. Not that it would be a big job, but I could see t being an inconvenienve they would want to avoid to open up and area that may not get that much use.

I don't think we will see the Old Country open again until they put a new attraction in the area. I just don't like the dead-end you run into after the Dark Knight, and that area always will be missed as long as it's closed because of all the fun I used to have in the Haunted Castle as a kid.

I don't think we will see the Old Country open again until they put a new attraction in the area. I just don't like the dead-end you run into after the Dark Knight, and that area always will be missed as long as it's closed because of all the fun I used to have in the Haunted Castle as a kid.

What the park should do to the Old Country is add a Zamperla joust ride in Pendulum's old spot and put a Zamperla flying bikes in Spin Meisters old spot. Theme the bikes to like Da Vinci's Flying Machines. How much could that cost? Probably less than a million, so not too much. It would be a great, and cheap, thing to look foward to for the 2010 season if it can't reopen this year. Also, did the park say anything on if Old Country is just staying SBNO :angry: or deing Demolished :(

They could, but currently the extra capacity they could provide is not needed 90% of the time the park is open. Why move them when there is an eventual plan to reopen the area as attendance demands? Leaving them there could mean that if for some reason there is a huge spike in attendance the could easily re-open Old Country and add additional ride capacity practically overnight.

I don't think the park would ever reopen Old Country just for a attendance spike. Those two rides may not have been state inspected since 07, if so that means they can't just reopen overnight. Old Country will probably only reopen when SF decides what to do with it and if it is a major rehab of that section then those two rides will probably be scrapped. I don't think running a Musik Express and Bumper cars which are amusement park staples would bankrupt SF and bumper cars are always popular and crowded at GAdv and at other parks. I don't know about other people here but I think GAdv is pretty darn crowded 98% of the time and the park needs more flat rides. Not every ride needs to have a 2+ hour wait every second it is open to justify it running. Only poor managed parks run that way. As of now it's going to be years before Old Country reopens if it ever does, the park could decide just to turn it into more backstage employee areas.

Edited by The Master