VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twister

29yrswithaGApass

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

While passing near Twister today a new announcement caught my ear. The operator stated that open-toed shoes, flip flops, and bare feet were not allowed on this ride. I can see loose or no shoes but I wonder why no open-toed shoes?

After reviewing the Ride Rules sign I realized it was updated. It now includes: "In order to ride Guests must possess three full extremities with full functioning hands and feet." I assume this is in response to the coaster accident at Darien Lake last year.

Here is the new sign:

gallery_2_579_184485.jpg

And here is the old one:

20052179.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I hate to say it, but I don't see Twister sticking around much longer. It's been giving the park nothing but problems and SFNE removed theirs already. Something like Demon at La Ronde would be an awesome replacement.

Very true, when i am working, i see it break down and have to be completely shut down at least 3- 4 times a day.

• 4 weeks later...

I am constantly amazed how guests don't pay attention. They are always shocked when they get up to the staircase on Twister and are turned away because they have open toe shoes even though there is a sign at the entrance to the ride saying they aren't permitted and after the ride op announces it every three minutes between ride cycles.

• 9 months later...