VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Employee Uniform Photos Wanted

We would like to do a Spotlight on the uniforms of Great Adventure employees through the decades. From the colorful '70s to the "stylish" '80s... from the "themed" '90s to the casual '00s - uniforms have really changed over the years.

Here is a chance for you (or your photos) to be included in a Great Adventure Spotlight! Do you have any pictures of you or your friends in their uniforms? How about a complete stranger in a Great Adventure uniform?

If so, please send us a photo at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com . :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those shirts were rainbow colored and had blue collars, For the first year they were paired up with green pants, which weren't updated until the following season. It was sort of like wearing mis-matched Garanimals! After that the blue collared shirts and blue pants looked much better.

You're right that in the black & white photos of the 1976 ride operations uniform, the shirts do look like pajamas. They didn't look like pajamas in person. Personally, these are my favorite uniforms. The Great Adventure logotype in rainbow type was all over the shirt and I think it looked great.

• 3 weeks later...

Those were pretty neat and they did fit into the Strawberry Fair section really well. I worked the log flune in 1974 and we had burgandy pants a cowbow shirt which was cream with brown bucking borncos all over it and a burgandy shoulder s and coller. with braiding tiem. And a tan cowboy hat with a dark broen band with ref stones in it. Our shoes we were alowed were squared toe cowboy boots. yea hoo partner! Oour bages were Red with the balloon letter logo and our names and host or hostess below. all carved into the name tag.

• 1 month later...

They used to have brown uniforms that made them look more like park rangers than security. They switched to more police like uniforms after the events of 1987.

For a while they had the screening people in white shirts with ties and grey dress pants because they wanted them to look less threatening for the children coming through. They also had the parks clowns stationed just beyond the metal detectors with the thought that they would distract the children while mommy and daddy got frisked.

• 2 months later...

These will be the first of many photos posted to this topic about Employee Uniforms.

Below are the His and Hers version of Great Adventure ride operator's uniforms from 1976. They almost look like pajama tops!

gallery_2_579_108197.jpggallery_2_579_204360.jpg

I am happy to say we obtained a bunch of photos of employees in uniforms that we will be sharing in the future. Check out this closeup of the material pattern in the uniforms above. Too cool! I wish I had one of those shirts!

gallery_2_579_302868.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Rolling Thunder crew and all the employees of the Hernando's Hideway section had area specific uniforms starting in 1979. (See the photo below was taken in 1980.)

The following year the Roaring Rapids crew had ride specific uniforms for that new attraction for 1981. Too bad the trend didn't continue with themed uniforms throughout the park.

21%20copy.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...