VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Dark Knight- New Themed Indoor Coaster For 2008

GAcoaster

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd also be cool to not only have the batsignal, but a Batman on the top of the Preshow building or have a Batman and joker on top of the preshow building on either side of the high, rounded(don't know what it's called part. I remember the cop car from Batman the ride, it'd be cool that by the now closed entrance to Old Country lined with Gotham City cop cars and have joker cards in the pavement in the same manner Disney has jeweks in the pavement by The Magic Carpet ride. Behind the cop cars, to the side by the employee entrance to the backstage areas by stunt arena, the batmobile, with Batman in it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah I know really! I'll take that as next years addition and some flat ride if that's the only thing we would get, it looks amazing compared to ours and Six Flags Great Americas! =/ we're two of the best parks in the chain and they don't add buildings, that sucks I'm kind of jealous. cool.gif

It does look better than the US versions. I know they were planing to do the same thing with GAdv's version, the old 2008 map even showed it. The bigger problem with GAdv's DK is that the 3 grey backsides face toward most of the park and they just look like a sore thumb sticking out. They could just weather the 3 sides and paint GCR garage or something to give it a mild gothem theme.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...

I have a feeling the building might have some advertisements on it soon. Shapiro commented that that might happen during the investor day last year, and the fact that it hasn't been finished is probably only more reason to do that. It's too bad that can't be added as billboards in the Gotham City skyline or something.

Hell, I'd be happy if they just painted "Sound Stage 23" or something in the top corners of the building.

• 1 month later...

I've got a question, is it possible to by-pass the pre-show when there is not a line and the ride is a walk-on? I would re-ride TDK a couple of times on low capacity days, but the pre-show is just so long, boring and you there are only so many times you can watch it without going insane (I really feel bad for the attendants).

Edited by CablesEric

Interesting to hear that more theme elements have been added to the SFGAm TDK. I have to wonder if we'll see more coming to ours as well, or maybe they're just getting something that we already had and they didn't?

There's always the chance we will get something added into ours,you never know ;)

I like the pre-show. On the other hand, whenever you already seen it a couple times in one day, it does get old, and I would like to skip it sometimes. Same goes with the Fly Me to the Moon intro.

Edited by Chiller

• 2 weeks later...

Today I noticed on TDK's brake run there is a effect that is not working. It looks like a subway car facade with two clowns in it in the wall along the brake run. I never seen this effect operate, has anyone else notice it and ever see it operate?

I never noticed that, I'll definetly look for it next time I ride TDK. I guess maybe it is similar to the 2nd pumpkin and tiki masks in Skull Mountain that aren't lit up so they basically aren't being used. What side of the wall is it on?

I've got a question, is it possible to by-pass the pre-show when there is not a line and the ride is a walk-on? I would re-ride TDK a couple of times on low capacity days, but the pre-show is just so long, boring and you there are only so many times you can watch it without going insane (I really feel bad for the attendants).

Last year, they let us skip it once. I agree 100% though. I like the ride but hate the pre-show since I also have seen it so many times. It is especially fusturating when the pre-show is over and you see the ride platform is empty. I don't even ride it every visit because I don't want to devote 15 minute just for that 1 ride (waiting to get into the pre-show, the pre-show and then waiting in line after the pre-show).

The best thing to do I guess is hope that you can get a bunch of re-rides in if no one is waiting on a slow day after you go through the pre-show once. I can usually get 2 or 3 rides before the next pre-show lets out on quieter days.

Edited by Yoshi

This year they haven't been starting the pre-show until the doors are closed, which doesn't help. In fact, it kind of ruins the effect of a 24-hour new channel if you see the blank screen upon entering. Last season, the film was running as the guests entered, which shaved off a few minutes as well as bypassing some non-essential information...

And the only times I recall skipping the pre-show were following big thunderstorms when the park was practically empty...