VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Dark Knight- New Themed Indoor Coaster For 2008

GAcoaster

From the official Six Flags Great Adventure Website:

The Dark Knight Coaster is coming in 2008!

The Dark Knight Coaster will transform guests into citizens of Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.

With The Dark Knight Coaster, guests will experience the ride of their lives. Venturing through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, they are tormented by The Joker himself. Then as they set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform, they can only guess at what awaits them as they speed through six 180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As they attempt to escape the terror, their only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian — Batman — can save them.

092907-038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand. This will be a standard Mack Mouse.

p3175.jpg

A "Mouse in the Box" as I call it. This should be interesting in the dark. I hope the customize part of it to be like Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster in Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia. I have high hopes for this ride.

-Dainan "For once" Rafferty

Wild Mouse rides (Wild Mice?) seem like some of the most violent coasters to me. I'll ride any ride but when it comes to a Mouse I find my self holding on and bracing for the hair-pin turns and abrupt drops. I'm curious to see how a ride on one of these contraptions in the dark turns out. Although small, it should be a white-knuckler!

Harry

According to what the size of the building will be, The standard mouse wouldn't fit. Despite the lengths and # of hairpin turns matching that of a standard, It's supposedly a custom mouse like Mullholland Madness at DCA.

http://rcdb.com/id732.htm

Edited by redsoxfan0810

I just realized I forgot to post these:

102807-261.jpg

102807-276.jpg

That last week before the closing weekend apparently the surveyors were out at the park and were marking the control points around Movietown so construction can start. There were several of these PK nails in the pavement, and all the storm drains were marked as well.

^Well...it makes the cracks look more interesting ;)

According to what the size of the building will be, The standard mouse wouldn't fit. Despite the lengths and # of hairpin turns matching that of a standard, It's supposedly a custom mouse like Mullholland Madness at DCA.

http://rcdb.com/id732.htm

Actually, Mullholland Madness is a Standard Mouse (well, it was built as one before it got revamped). Disney makes everything there own by chaning the mechanisms to the ride (IE: Brakes, lifts, anti rollbacks, trains, control panels, sencors, etc.), which is why Intamin left Disney after they blaimed Intamin for the California Screamin' crash even though Disney changed the whole computer system.

-Dainan "My point is, it's not really a custom" Rafferty

I cant wait to see this new coaster and I am sad because I thought I would never see something that would take the place of Chiller!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's possible since it is such a simple ride, and since one of Shapiro's big gripes with old management was late openings of new attractions, but I have also seen references to it opening with the movie, and opening in late spring, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

If history is any indication, we should probably see the ride open around Memorial Day or the first part of June. For some reason all of the park's indoor attractions that required buildings (Skull Mt, Houdini, and Right Stuff) opened during that time period.

Assembly of the coaster itself is quick and easy. It's the site prep, building construction, and themeing that requires the most time.

So, tonight the Jackson Planning Board approved the construction of The Dark Knight. It will be built on the former Movie Town Water Effect site.

Also, the park will be removing ten trees to accommodate the Glow in the Park parade floats.

The "Relaxation Station" is coming as well, and it will be taking over the area between the Carousel and Paintball building.

Riverbank Cafe is being remodeled.

The strip of food stands near the LTSP entrance are being remodeled and they are getting re-themed with an indoor dining area being added.