VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Dark Knight- New Themed Indoor Coaster For 2008

GAcoaster

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If GAdv's Dark Kinght does has theming and effects I hope the park can maintain them better than in the past (Batman: the Ride, The Right Stuff, Skull MT, Chiller, etc).

Edited by The Master

Dang, sorry. I always seem to be doing things wrong. I didn't know if they were the true drawings or not, I just wanted to share them with everyone. :Oops:

No problem, that's what us moderators are for on the site! :)

With plans changing daily at the park and at Six Flags Corp, we appreciate Great Adventure's request to wait for the official artwork from them before publishing any renderings.

Well I will still be there opening weekend (hope you all will be too :) haha) but I will have to be sure to go back for the opening weekend of the Dark Knight. I think this works out kind of good though because it will be like having two great opening weekends in one season (three if you count the eventual Fright Fest opening. Good stuff and can't wait until the official artwork is released by Great Adventure as the anticipations is now building.

Yes, I will be there both opening week and "Dark Knight Week." Hope to see you all there!

Thanks a lot for understanding Harry. You're one in a million! :)

Quick edit:

I was checking out some chiller videos on youtube, and this popped up:

It's been confirmed that next May will be the opening of The Dark Knight coaster.

I doubt it's confirmed, but one can hope.

Edited by Great Adventurer

A webcam would be really cool. I can't even count the number of times I signed onto the site while the Rock was being built to check the daily progress and even take control of the camera for a minute. I am sure they would have a ton of traffic to the site with all the advertising they did for this attraction.

Has there been any word yet on when park specific renderings will be inveiled for our coaster. I know that there is some artwork floating around places, but I am really curious for the company to bring out renderings and artwork for our version of the ride to help give a better picture to what we are all so patiently waiting for. Considering we are less than two months from park opening and a little longer for the ride's opening I had hoped we would have been given some new press releases or something considering how much signage was up last season and how much they are advertising the new ride on the website.

No release date yet on any artwork for Great Adventure. The park has told us that the delay is due to them trying to secure approved artwork on The Dark Knight. The stuff that is floating around out there hasn't been officially approved by WB/DC Comic for Great Adventure. Due to the licensing rules Great Adventure has to deal with not only WB/DC but also the movie's production team. It's been frustrating for the park and we aren't posting anything until we get the official and approved artwork from them. Hopefully we will see the renderings before the real thing!

Awesome. It would definately be nice to see exactly what we are getting officially before we get to the park, at the same time if it takes long enough to secure the ok they could always hold a big unveiling of artwork on opening day at the park which would be pretty awesome too. Maybe have like an unveiling out in front of the gates before the park actually opens since the ride would be pretty safe from view there so any theming already being done would be safe. It would certainly be a perk for everyone who plans to be there nice and early opening day.

Although if that is not going to happen then I hope we get to see some real artwork that has been given the green light soon as I am very curious to see for sure what we are heading into. Just watched Batman Begins last night again with the gf and the ending with the Joker card not only got me pumped for the movie but got me thinking about the ride. The ending of the movie in Gotham with the pipes steaming all over also got me thinking of what kind of theming we could have had if this ride was made a few years ago for the first movie.

Apparently the artwork has FINALLY been approved, and April 26th is the scheduled opening date. From the New York Post:

news022a.jpg

THE (NEW) BAT-COASTER

By ANGELA MONTEFINISE

February 24, 2008 -- Take a look at the newest thrill ride swinging into Gotham.

Here's a rendering of the highly anticipated Dark Knight Coaster, a $7.5 million Batman-themed scream machine set to open April 26 at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.

The ride lasts just two minutes, but will rise 45 feet high and reach speeds of 30 mph, according to reports, winding along 1,213 feet of track as the Joker pops in and out in his menacing way.

The Dark Knight's 10 open, miniature cars are dispatched individually every 14 seconds, each with four passengers in tow.

But the twists and turns may not even be the best part for true blue Batman buffs - the ride will also include exclusive clips from Warner Brothers' "Dark Knight" film to be released this summer. The movie stars Christian Bale and the late Heath Ledger.