VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SuperCat

29yrswithaGApass

Almost all of the early circular ride's queue bars were curved to match the perimeter of the rides (i.e. Flying Wave, Matterhorn, etc.). I wonder if the Super Cat's rectangular queue bars were the same ones originally installed for the Jumbo Jet with its straight-edged footprint?

SFGA0246%20OCT77M%20copy.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow fantastic! Still looks like fun. Great find. And to anwser your qyestion yes the queue was for Jumbo Jet. There was also a fence that ran down the left as well. A leftover from Jumbo Jet as well. The coaster was to have a load area on the right. Un load on the left. train hold accross the front. with one on the circuit. Pretty slick? It carry 2,000 passangers a hour. Which if memory serves me right the park needed six hosts. And one operator.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I was looking around online trying to find parks that had rides that Six Flags Great Adventure once operated. I'm not really able to find many pictures of it, but a park in Minnesota called ValleyFair apparently has the same model Super Cat that Great Adventure once did. There is some 8mm footage of it I could find on Youtube https://youtu.be/H8oSjOtFY2s?t=83 and a walkthrough from 2018 https://youtu.be/r4HRM6C3B_Y?t=2112. In the 8 mm film, it looks identical to the Great Adventure model, as far as I can see from the fencing. In the walkthrough, the guy pans and looks at it. It's definitely the same ride, though they have restored it and changed the outside of it. According to their website, it still stands and operates today. Given, the picture of the ride only features pictures of the seats. It looks like the park has a Monster Spin, Looping Starship, and a Ladybug ride, as well. Since there's not many pictures of the GA Super Cat, I thought this was cool to find.