VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags 2012 Additions

GAcoaster

This is the time of year where the projects for next season start to surface as rumors and finally get confirmed.

Here's the list...

-SFGAdv- New/returned flat rides

---SFHHNJ- New slide?

-SFMM- Tower swing?

---SFHHCA-

-SFGAm- New coaster?

-SFA- New coaster? Skull Mountain is being removed for something fairly large...

-SFNE- Waterpark expansion (like SFGAm got)?

-SFOG- Tower swing?

---SFWW-

-SFOT- Tower swing?

---SFHHTX-

-SFFT- New coaster?

-SFM- Tower swing?

-SFLR- Tower swing?

-SFDK- New animal attraction

-SFStl- Waterpark expansion (like SFGAm got)?

So far nothing is confirmed, but those are some of the current rumors going around.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this from a VERY reliable source at GL's opening. 2012 should be a very good year for us.

Knock on wood, you never know how quickly things can change with Six Flags, eg last season june most were expecting a small flat package and 4d theatre two weeks later we expect(and get0 a stand up

Knock on wood, you never know how quickly things can change with Six Flags, eg last season june most were expecting a small flat package and 4d theatre two weeks later we expect(and get0 a stand up

Yes, but last year there was a change in ownership of Six Flags and management at the park level. This year there is more stability.

Do you think it's possible that we get the flat package with The Star Flyer leading the pack?

I would say that is a really distinct possibility. I just warn everyone that it will never be another "War on Lines-- 25 NEW RIDES". Think more along the lines of 4 or 5.

Here is what I hope for in 2012:

-Star Flyer in either Evolution's old spot or to reopen Old Country

-Huss Breakdance 3(Huss Breakdance 4s only have 3 arms instead of 4) in Teepee's old spot

-Old Scrambler from SFOG put into Main Street(with a name like Revolution)

-New Flying Wave in its old spot with some rehab being done to the area(like nice landscaping infront of the ride and a new queue)

-3-5 other flats to fill in the other open spaces in Fantasy Forest(or if Old Country returns, 2 to go there)

-New racing slides or water coaster in HH

While it may sound unrealistic, I think it could be done

1.New flying Wave in its old spot

2.Zamperla Balloon Race themed to original GADV balloons in Pirate flights old spot

3.Zamperla Discovery for Teepees old spot

4.S and S drop Tower complex for the old Shooting Gallery spot

5.Autobahn relocated to Evolutions old spot

6.Star Flyersomewhere in the boardwalk thats NOT parachute tower...

7.Racing slides for HH

I would say that is a really distinct possibility. I just warn everyone that it will never be another "War on Lines-- 25 NEW RIDES". Think more along the lines of 4 or 5.

And it should be that way. The War on Lines is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper, but the complete opposite in reality.

And it should be that way. The War on Lines is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper, but the complete opposite in reality.

War on Lines was still better than Shapiro's war on rides. What I am afraid of is what will get removed for new rides. In recent years, everytime GADV puts in a new ride they remove at least 2 old rides.

At this point the only things I see being removed would be anything that requires extraordinary maintenance or that is redundant. I think the only ride that might really be in danger would be the Bugs Bunny Ranger Pilot planes which are constantly down for maintenance, and there is another set of planes in the park. We still have an overabundance of kids rides, which I could see changing with some being replaced with some of the climbing structures from the Golden Kingdom.

Looks alot like the Marvel island at IOA now. When I was last at SFMM that section used to be a gritty themed Gotham area, almost like a Blade Runner version of Tomorrowland.