VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Should Batman and Robin: The Chiller be rebuilt?

Should Batman and Robin: The Chiller be rebuilt?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Batman and Robin: The Chiller be rebuilt? Read first comment before voting

I for one think it should be rebuilt. With the new technology we have today and sources of energy, the ride could actually be built and function properly. It really made the park stand out, and everything about this one-of-a-kind ride was unique in almost everyway possible. It draws in many people, and since it has been removed, many people have stopped returning to the park. And, the ride could even be hooked up to its own power grid ran by solar panels and wind turbines, getting rid of the hassle with power. The park has honestly become dull since it has left(Not really, but you get it), and now that whole side of the park basically seems dead. The sound it made and the huge spikes in the air made that side of the park. Basically, the park NEEDS the Chiller, or at least that is what I think. It will definitely cost money, but if both sides work and actually race each other, then just imagine how many more people would come to the park...

Edited by chillerrocked

As awesome as Chiller returning would be, it's actually for the best that it doesn't come back. The last thing the park needs is another mechanical nightmare.

Yeah, but with the new technology out there, that mechanical nightmare could be avoided. And, I am not sure if this is possible, but can't they make a mini prototype test or something to nail it so that the ride doesn't have these malfunctions like the last one? Or, can't the change it so that the only LIM's are only on the spike, and not on the launch? (launch wheels or pulley-sort-launch?

) This would eliminate a lot of problems and use a LOT less energy as well. But, no chain lift--that makes the ride seem a bit corny in my opinion...

"New technology" doesnt even work some of the time. Just look at Maverick@CP, it has quite its fair share of down time.

And who has stopped coming to the park because of chilller? The ride was down more often than it was up. People might have be bummed, I dont think people actually stopped coming to the park because of it

First of all, I am not blaming the people's not returing directly on the ride being dismantled, but it just seems like the park has been less crowded, and I have actually heard people say that they haven't returned since it has been dismantled. And, the new technology isn't anything in specific either. I am not saying it is anything extraordinarilly new are works 100% of the time(ALL rides have downtime...), but just the way that technology has progressed over the years, fixing the problems that came up and preventing them could become a lot easier. Also, just to add, the ride doesn't need to be a LIM launch, right? We COULD have launch wheels or have something pull them forward instead of LIM's, this way reducing the total possibility of an error occuring. But, there are numerous ways to gain money for this park to get the ride just right, and in the long run, the ride MIGHT even bring in more money than there is now...

And, since when has Maverick ever had tons of downtime? I clearly don't live there, but every time we have gone, it hasn't been down at all during the day. And, we go a lot actually, because we go to visit people there a lot. If I am jsut missing something with this ride, please inform me.

Edited by chillerrocked

First of all, I am not blaming the people's not returing directly on the ride being dismantled, but it just seems like the park has been less crowded, and I have actually heard people say that they haven't returned since it has been dismantled. And, the new technology isn't anything in specific either. I am not saying it is anything extraordinarilly new are works 100% of the time(ALL rides have downtime...), but just the way that technology has progressed over the years, fixing the problems that came up and preventing them could become a lot easier. Also, just to add, the ride doesn't need to be a LIM launch, right? We COULD have launch wheels or have something pull them forward instead of LIM's, this way reducing the total possibility of an error occuring. But, there are numerous ways to gain money for this park to get the ride just right, and in the long run, the ride MIGHT even bring in more money than there is now...

And, since when has Maverick ever had tons of downtime? I clearly don't live there, but every time we have gone, it hasn't been down at all during the day. And, we go a lot actually, because we go to visit people there a lot. If I am jsut missing something with this ride, please inform me.

Dude you can say how they can improve it as much as you want,but it is never coming back.Sorry kiddocake-surprise.gif

I have a feeling that there may be a consideration for the chiller to be reopened. I am sure that everyone has noticed the observatory and the old station and exit ramp still there, right? And, while going up Nitro in late June of this year, I saw the original sign that is at the beginning of the queue line (http://profile.ak.fb...8_7994678_q.jpg ) in one piece and looked like it has just been removed the day before. If the ride was scrapped like everyone was saying, then why would they CAREFULLY dismantle the ride, but leave the station/exit, and observatory there? And, if the ride was scrapped, wouldn't they have gotten rid of the sign? It is only a little piece of wood or metal or whatever it is, and if the ride was scrapped, wouldn't the park have gotten rid of it? And, while on the same ride on Nitro, I saw what I believed to be a train from the :batman: side of the ride... it probably wasn't, but it looked A LOT like it..

Just pointing out some facts...:sodaspray:

The Chiller was carefully deconstructed so that it could be put up for resale. However, no one wants the ride including Great Adventure. The Observatory was reconfigured into the Xploratorium in 2009 and the building was expanded and modified for the short lived attraction. The station has remained for possible future use as a station for a new coaster of for some sort of enclosed attractions. It is a significant building that would have cost additional funding to remove, not to mention rebuild if needed. As for the sign, the backstage areas and the boneyard are full of old ride signs and parts that seem like they are in good condition. Unfortunately, most of this stuff is just used as props in other areas of the park or during Fright Fest.

Hate to break this to you, but Batman & Robin- The Chiller will not be rebuilt at Great Adventure.

As much as I would like to see Chiller comeback it's not going to happen. Especially with the current SF management. With KK now, the park probably doesn't feel like they need another launch coaster which was probably one of the many reasons they didn't try to save Chiller a second time. It was a victim of Shapiro's war on rides era which GADV got the worst of any of the parks. To this day I am still sad to see Chiller gone. The only way I could ever see GADV getting another LIM coaster is if they moved in a used one from another SF park like Mr. Freeze or Joker's Jinx but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Edited by The Master

I think people still talk about Chiller is specifically BECAUSE the station house is STILL THERE IN ONE PIECE :cursing: ......and yet they were able to tear down GASM and put up Green Lantern in less than a year :cursing: ?!?!?While the original Chiller is out of the question,how about an Intamin version-possibly themed to the newer Batman movie with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman :devil2: ???