VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

If you could...

Which would you choose?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s) would you choose and why?

• Rebuild a ride that was removed from the park
    • Trade a ride currently in SFGAdv. for another ride in a different Six Flags park
    • Trade a ride currently in SFGAdv. for another ride in a non-Six Flags park
    • Build your own ride in SFGAdv.
    • Leave the park the way it is

I personally would choose option 3--I would probably trade a ride for Millenium Force in Cedar Point. I am not sure which ride I would give up, maybe Rolling Thunder or Batman--I am not a fan of either( R.T. hurts depending on where you sit, Batman just isn't that great of a ride anymore. It is still fun, but it is getting old and it is very quick). I'd choose Millenium Force because it is a great ride in general. It has a nice hill, it has awesome banked turns, and it is a pretty lengthy ride. I also think it would fit nicely in the park, but space would be a problem for the ride. I am sure they could re-theme it some how to make it fit well in the park. They could even theme it Western style and put it in Old Country and make a grand re-opening of the Old Country, but need to find sufficient space for it first...

I personally would choose option 3--I would probably trade a ride for Millenium Force in Cedar Point. I am not sure which ride I would give up, maybe Rolling Thunder or Batman--I am not a fan of either( R.T. hurts depending on where you sit, Batman just isn't that great of a ride anymore. It is still fun, but it is getting old and it is very quick). I'd choose Millenium Force because it is a great ride in general. It has a nice hill, it has awesome banked turns, and it is a pretty lengthy ride. I also think it would fit nicely in the park, but space would be a problem for the ride. I am sure they could re-theme it some how to make it fit well in the park. They could even theme it Western style and put it in Old Country and make a grand re-opening of the Old Country, but need to find sufficient space for it first...

But if it was western style it wouldn't fit with Old Country's Bavarian village theme. Also, I don't see any point in removing either of those coasters, which are still good working coasters, in exchange for something that similar to Nitro. It should be something the park doesn't already have.

But if it was western style it wouldn't fit with Old Country's Bavarian village theme. Also, I don't see any point in removing either of those coasters, which are still good working coasters, in exchange for something that similar to Nitro. It should be something the park doesn't already have.

Oops... I didn't mean to say Western-- I was thinking of something else... sorry. True that the park already has Nitro, but I think that Nitro is too good of a ride to get rid of. It is a popular ride and is in great shape. But, just look at Cedar Point--they have Millenium Force AND Magnum XL-200 and both of them are still good and both are pretty popular. Yes, Magnum XL isn't in as good of shape as Millenium Force is, but it is still pretty good and the park does fine with both of the rides there.

Oops... I didn't mean to say Western-- I was thinking of something else... sorry. True that the park already has Nitro, but I think that Nitro is too good of a ride to get rid of. It is a popular ride and is in great shape. But, just look at Cedar Point--they have Millenium Force AND Magnum XL-200 and both of them are still good and both are pretty popular. Yes, Magnum XL isn't in as good of shape as Millenium Force is, but it is still pretty good and the park does fine with both of the rides there.

You have a point with that, but wouldn't a wider variety of coasters be more enjoyable and more financially practical than multiples of the same style?

I wouldn't mind seeing the park demolish Rolling Thunder for a better ride of the same size. I, for one, have never went on RT but I would'nt waste my time on it because I can get a better thrill on its neighboring rides El Toro and Kingda Ka. I don't know who even bothers riding RT, it is so tame compared to the coasters that are the parks main draw (Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, Bizarro) When it comes to the roller coasters, I say, out with the old, in with the new.

The point of Rolling Thunder is that it's not a huge thrill ride. We have plenty of those. It's a good old-fashioned roller coaster that families can enjoy together. It does need some maintenance, but there nothing wrong with having something that isn't one of the tallest and fastest rides in the world.

Honestly, I don't want to ever see a coaster relocated to GA, I want to see some of ours relocated to other parks and replaced with better rides. The best rides are the ones custom designed for a site rather than off the shelf. It makes more sense to build to fit a site than to create a site to fit a ride. That's why when you go somewhere like Busch Gardens or Cedar Point they have enduring rides. They spend the extra money to have the ride customized to fit the geography and existing structures most of the time. GA's best rides (the ones that are most re-ridable and never get old no matter how many times you ride them) are Nitro, El Toro, Log Flume, Runaway Mine Train and even BTR. Those rides were designed for the sites their on, taking advantage of the terrain and existing structures. Batman also fits that because the theme elements were designed as part of the station and created the environment for the ride and the land below the ride was contoured to fit the design.

id like to see rides custom built for the park also, as tom says, off the shelf rides are ok,but custom built for the topo is 100x better, id like to see a ride utilize the lake in some way, along the whole backside of the park would really fill the void behind nyum yum palace and along the lake, something not cravy but a loch ness type coaster would be sweet!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks coasters should have atmosphere, and not just be plopped on a slab of cement. Busch Gardens Tampa is extremely limited on space, built out to the streets on all sides, and yet they just added a new coaster, Cheetah Run, that dives over hills and into trenches, under rocks, past waterfalls, and dodges trees.

While I think the lake would be a great atmosphere for a coaster, I hate the idea of eliminating the last signs of virgin forrest in the park, and really would hate to see anything built around the Yum Yum Palace.

If they insist on building rides in the parking lot, couldn't they at least plant some trees around them, and maybe some rock formations with waterfalls and ponds. At least make it look like it's not a parking lot anymore.

• 1 month later...

Being the Chiller fan that I am I would try to bring back The Chiller and fix the problems it had. I would devote Six Flags into finding out why this ride never ran "as planned" with both sides launching at the same time. The Chiller was always a crowd pleaser when it came to the actual ride. It was quite an unique experience. I would also expand the Movietown area and bring in another LIM launched coaster. Mr. Freeze from Six Flags OT and St. Louis. I love the LIM coaster experience. I would totally revamp the Movietown side and re-name it Gotham City. Add more buildings and effects like lighting and fog effects. The new and improved Gotham City would be like a theme park within a even bigger theme park. Having revamped the Movietown area I would also have to improve on other areas of the park. I would deal with the areas more than the rides adding more theme elements to each section creating a better and more interactive setting. The whole Six Flags image will coast towards a Disney/Universalesc mentality.

• 3 years later...

Being the Chiller fan that I am I would try to bring back The Chiller and fix the problems it had. I would devote Six Flags into finding out why this ride never ran "as planned" with both sides launching at the same time. The Chiller was always a crowd pleaser when it came to the actual ride. It was quite an unique experience. I would also expand the Movietown area and bring in another LIM launched coaster. Mr. Freeze from Six Flags OT and St. Louis. I love the LIM coaster experience. I would totally revamp the Movietown side and re-name it Gotham City. Add more buildings and effects like lighting and fog effects. The new and improved Gotham City would be like a theme park within a even bigger theme park. Having revamped the Movietown area I would also have to improve on other areas of the park. I would deal with the areas more than the rides adding more theme elements to each section creating a better and more interactive setting. The whole Six Flags image will coast towards a Disney/Universalesc mentality.

What if a Vekoma dueling LIM coaster was built in Chiller's spot?Basically like the Battlestar Galactica ride,but themed to something like Superman vs Batman?

I would trade any coaster for at least 3 more shows. And not the 3 tap dancers (which were good) but bigger shows (stunt show, big dance shows, bmx shows etc...)

^Yeah that thing blacked me out so hard XD. I loved every second of it, but really that coaster is definitely not for everyone. The lines for it at KD rarely exceed 30-45 minutes because most people are terrified of it

^Medusa is insane, aided a lot by terrain. If we had the kind of terrain SFM had (as SFGadv is mostly flat) we could build a great RMC. Any coaster utilizing a parks landscape is great.

I would love to rebuild some of the cool flat rides that the park has lost in the last 15 years like Spinmeister, Evolution or even Rotor

I always liked Rotor... You can ride it, or watch other people ride it.

First, I would give them Roller coaster Tycoon 2 to see if they can manage the park with Coasters that were common in 2002 (no KA, no Looping "coasters", no RMC, ZDOD drop towers, no 4D free-fly coasters [but there was X at SFMM]) and finish the scenario successfully without removing anything from the park, only add what was there then that isn't and connect the park to the Safari like it does today with a tram ride or something; then I would move Tango to the former Balin's Jungle section of the park, move EL Diablo to Tango's location, and exchange the parks tigers for the Sea lions and give them a new home in frontier village zone (just combine GK, PDC, and FA/SORA). Phase 2: merge the Lakefront where the stages were into adventure alley and do a dueling RMC on the lake, everything Blackbeard's over becomes seaport, Movietown and Old country/catering area become one united Movietown with A Harley Quinn Spin-canity where the Comenserrary is, put a Bobsled coaster themed to the penguin in chiller's place, a whip ride themed to cat woman in Autobahn's place, and a spinning Family coaster where dark night is sending it to Great Escape or La Ronde for storage. Phase 3: remove the Parachutes and put a Justice League dark ride where the 3D theater/go-karts are (moving go-karts to near where Bizarro is/was; for queue) and retrofitting Green Lantern into a Lex Luthor themed coaster turning the boardwalk into Metropolis and Movietown into Joker's funland. Phase 4: remove Bizarro build a boomerang or launch coaster in Bizarro's station called Chupacabra: Intimidator of the West [taking license away from Cedar fair may be possible] and start work on a hotel in the remaining space where the old Safari entrance/ Bizarro were and to Expand HH's parking lot building a second entrance to the park from by the go-karts/Hotel so people from HH don't have to repark and vice versa, just need an exit/re-entry pass probably phase 5: build hotel and a classic woodie where Rolling Thunder was and reopen all access ways in park and wait and see if Disney copies.

^lol why in the world would you replace Bizarro with a Boomerang? They both have loops and cobra rolls but Bizarro is infinitely better. A launch coaster though on the other hand could theoretically be worth it.