VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What is the roughest rollercoaster that you have ever been on?

RideOfSteel

You kids need to get out more if you really think Roar and Rolling Thunder are the roughest coasters out there wink.gif. I've had some pretty smooth rides on Rolling Thunder, but hey. I used to be the Lead there and rode it every morning. So I knew where the good seats werebiggrin.gif

I personally feel like the roughest coaster I've ever been on was Son of Beast at King's Island. Absolutely dreadful.

Following behind it is;

-Mean Streak, Cedar Point

-Hercules, Dorney Park

-Viper, Six Flags Great Adventure

-Ninja, Six Flags Over Georgia

-Mind Eraser, Six Flags America

-Space Mountain, Disneyland Paris

-Dainan

Only the right side of Rolling Thunder hurts. The left side isn't that bad, only that final turn is a tad painful. My vote still goes to Wildcat at Hersheypark, though...

So true!!!!!!!! I love the left side and hate the right. I think the park should open the left side all season accept for the right!!!!!!!! :P

Wood: Hercules at Dorney Park, I usually never like to see a coaster close but I was glad to see Hercules gone.

Steel: Python at Playland in Ocean City (it's a Pinfari looper)

I don't think Rolling Thunder is that rough if you ride in a non wheel seat.

Edited by Yoshi

I dont know where everyone if getting Rolling Thunder from, but Mind Eraser at Six Flags America is the roughest roller coaster I have ever been on. I only ride it when I'm there because I feel like I have to, but otherwise I hate it.

I loved the Mind Eraser at SF America. I didn't experience much headbanging.....I even rode it three times in a row.

I think the new restraints on Great Nor'Easter made the ride worse. The old restraints had some headbanging but I never found it that bad and was rerideable. The new restraints have no more headbanging but cause you to feel the shuffling and vibration of the ride the entire circuit. Even with the ride being a walk on when I was last at Morey's, I didn't go for a re-ride.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Mean Streak at Cedar Point. In 2000 I loved it but every year after it got worse. My daughter and I rode it in 2007 and it was horrible. Only rode it the one time that year.

Wood: Hercules at Dorney Park, I usually never like to see a coaster close but I was glad to see Hercules gone.

Steel: Python at Playland in Ocean City (it's a Pinfari looper)

I don't think Rolling Thunder is that rough if you ride in a non wheel seat.

This was my post from last year, I'm still going with Python for roughest steel coaster but I have a new choice for roughest wooden coaster. Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa. Even with the new Millenium Flyer trains, the ride was brutal, even the part of the ride before the lift hill. It was so bad that I don't remember the layout much at all since I was focusing on when the ride was going to end. I only rode the Tiger side since the Lion side was under refurbishment at the time but even if both sides had been open, I don't think I would have ridden the Lion side.

By far, the Georgia Cyclone is the roughest coaster I've ever been on. Absolute nightmare. I personally don't find Rolling Thunder or the SLCs very rough at all. Roar is also probably up there for me as far as roughness goes. But the Georgia Cyclone will forever stand out for me.