VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 1- Install programmable fountain show on Main Street

How cool would it be to have a fountain show on Main Street? Especially as some sort of night time show...

With the advances in lighting technology (LEDS, etc) they could add cool color changing lights and new fountain effects. It wouldn't be "World of Color" but it would be something people could really enjoy and would be a great investment.

Here's an example of what could be done:

That would be good after we lost the Glow In The Park Parade. I know I'd stop and watch a fountain show like that if I was walking by the fountain at the same time a show was going on.

When I saw this at The Pier at Caesars in Atlantic City I thought immediately of Great Adventure and what an excellent addition it would be. The size of their pool is about the same size as the Main Street fountain. It could be used for both daytime and nighttime performances not to mention special shows for July 4th and Fright Fest.

When I went to the "Boardwalk Empire" season I Premier After Party, it was in the private, top floor of the Pier at Ceasars. They had the Fountain running all night for it, I stopped and watched a few times. With it being indoor's, I'm not sure if they could do something as elaborate, when dealing with the element's. The one at Ceasars has light rig's hanging from above, as well as LED's in the Water.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Great Adventure has a survey on their facebook page asking about show ideas for next year.

One of the ideas is a Daytime/Nighttime fountain show and laser lights. :)

From Screamscape:

2013 - New Entertainment - Rumor - (7/20/12) The latest rumors suggest that we wont see a new ride at SFGAdv for 2013 and that the park will instead focus on internal improvements and a new entertainment package that could include a summer fireworks show. The next big ride may have to wait until 2014.

there have also been surveys for types of roller coasters too at the park, im not really sure yet what they have up their sleeve, usually Sept is when we get a clue of whats going on, i wouldnt mind getting a few more flats to balance out the park a little better

• 6 years later...