Six Flags Magic Mountain - Sling Shot/New Coaster

Six Flags Mexico - Spinning coaster

Six Flags New England - ~400 foot SkyScreamer

Six Flags Over Georgia - SkyScreamer

Six Flags Over Texas - SkyScreamer

Six Flags St Louis - Flashback from SFOT

Great Escape - Larson Flying Scooter flat ride

LaRonde - ?

i hope they dont add to SS, its scary as heck already!

I don't mind the height of SkyScreamer but I do get a little nervious when I am up there and catch a glimpse of how small the links are that make up the chains on the ride. Much smaller than those found on the Flying Wave.

It would seem like a pretty simple modification to the SkyScreamer to increase the height (insert sections and longer cables). If not 2013 than possibly for the future.

The other "bigger" might be modifying the King Cobra by repositioning the head higher with a larger run-out so that it can accomodate larger riders. Although I would think that would be a modification that they would make behind the scenes and not promote as new.

Just thinking, but how hard would it be to add a couple of sections of tower to SkyScreamer? Odd that they didn't add that lighting package yet? Hmmm.....

I kept thinking about this before I went to bed, and I realized that it can't be done. I was not really thinking abou the footer, or the cables, but I was thinking of the tower itself. Remember the European (austrian?) Star Flyer that is 384 feet tall? Well, the center column is wider because of the height. As the tower got taller, funtime knew that a different structure must be constructed so that they could eliminate some of the variables of having a "weaker" tower at 384 ft. in the air.

i.e.

European Star Flyer:

PraterStarFlyer3.jpg

Our Sky Screamer:

SkyScreamer11.jpg

Notice the differences in the lattice?

I kept thinking about this before I went to bed, and I realized that it can't be done. I was not really thinking abou the footer, or the cables, but I was thinking of the tower itself. Remember the European (austrian?) Star Flyer that is 384 feet tall? Well, the center column is wider because of the height. As the tower got taller, funtime knew that a different structure must be constructed so that they could eliminate some of the variables of having a "weaker" tower at 384 ft. in the air.

European Star Flyer:

PraterStarFlyer3.jpg

Notice the differences in the lattice?

Ah, it does look beefier!

O.K., instead I think they should take Six Flags Over Texas' removed parachute tower sections and add them to ours! (Just kidding)

O.K., instead I think they should take Six Flags Over Texas' removed parachute tower sections and add them to ours! (Just kidding)

unfortunately, that cant be done because their parachute ride is welded not bolted together,thats main reason it wont be resurfacing at another park