VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Speculations on Six Flags Additions for 2013

29yrswithaGApass

On August 30th it is rumored that we will be hearing all the latest and greatest additions being added to the Six Flags parks for 2013. (I must admit, I prefer this method MUCH better than random announcements and viral campaigns!)

Below is a recap of the latest rumors floating around on Screamscape.

Six Flags America - Hurricane Harbor expansion

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - S&S Turbo Drop Tower

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Rattler retracking

Six Flags Great Adventure - Kingda Ka Drop Tower/Entertainment lineup

Six Flags Great America - Merged kiddie section

Six Flags Magic Mountain - Sling Shot/New Coaster

Six Flags Mexico - Spinning coaster

Six Flags New England - ~400 foot SkyScreamer

Six Flags Over Georgia - SkyScreamer

Six Flags Over Texas - SkyScreamer

Six Flags St Louis - Flashback from SFOT

Great Escape - ?

Feel free to update this topic with the latest rumors and confirmations. I know one of them is inaccurate but I can't say what it should it be! ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they dont do the drop tower, it will be closed just as much as ka, id much rather see a long 3-4 in coaster that runs along the back side of park, similar to like the survey had asked in the past, but if they do do the worlds tallest drop tower, im not going to complain, however if we have a bad winter similar to when ka was built it could mean delays in opening ka next season.,

I've been hearing a lot of talk about not alowing anyone to drive through the safari and making them ride some type of tram or bus through it. I really really hope this never happens. This is one of the things that makes Great Adventure unique. I have always enjoyed driving through all the animals on the largest drive through safari outside of Africa.

I've been hearing a lot of talk about not alowing anyone to drive through the safari and making them ride some type of tram or bus through it. I really really hope this never happens. This is one of the things that makes Great Adventure unique. I have always enjoyed driving through all the animals on the largest drive through safari outside of Africa.

John Fitzgerald confirmed it to a person of gadv.com

I'm sure if you ask him, he will tell you.

My biggest issue is how many vehicles will they have? Even if they don't stop to look at all the animals and keep moving it will still take at least 30 minutes to drive through the safari. It could end up being a very long wait.

Update per Sceamscape:

Six Flags Great Adventure - Safari Makeover/Entertainment lineup

Great Escape - ?

Another rumor update Screamscape...

2013 - New Entertainment / Safari Update / Waterslide - Rumor - (8/10/12) I’ve been told we can possibly expect another waterslide to be added to Hurricane Harbor in 2013. The rumors suggest they will add something with capacity and have an eye on a ProSlide Kraken Racer slide.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor NJ - Proslide KrackenRacer ---> Check it out HERE

Great Escape - ?

They need to focus on fixing King Cobra's problems first and foremost. While it's always nice to add new slides, the slide that was expected to be a cornerstone of the waterpark is flopping badly, and it's going to need some capital put into it to fix those problems. Whether it's the apparent slow ride or the weight issues, it needs to be addressed. Whether the park believes it's worth the investment or not is something we'll probably find out this off-season.

Full quote below...

On August 30, 2012 Six Flags will announce what's new for 2013! In the mean time we've got some clues to help get you through the next 20 days!

In 2013 you'll be packing your bags, for where one door closes, another door opens. What will you bring?

gallery_2_579_10883.jpg

Guesses anyone?

I get one of two things from that:

1 - The more obvious one: This looks like the theming in the Golden Kingdom, so this could very well relate to whatever the heck the plan is for the Safari, which assumedly would be connected to the park throughthat themed area.

2 - The long shot: Something regarding a remake of Houdini. There are cases like that in the preshow area, and in the film. Plus the ride involved multiple opening/closing doors.

I'm excited!

icon_STOP.gif2013 - New Entertainment / Safari Update / Waterslide - Rumor - (8/10/12) I've been told we can possibly expect another waterslide to be added to Hurricane Harbor in 2013. The rumors suggest they will add something with capacity and have an eye on a ProSlide Kraken Racer slide.

According to screamscape perhaps we can expect a new waterslide with the rumored safari upgrade? This would be a good addition especially with how king cobra turned out.

Screamscape's latest rumors....

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Iron Rattler - retracking with rolls

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor NJ - Proslide KrackenRacer ---> Check it out HERE