VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Season Pass Dining at Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone who bought the dining pass for 2014 and already processed their pass last fall. Is the pass supposed to say something about having the dining pass on it like 2013? My 2014 season pass has no mention of it and I can't remember if it was supposed to be like that or not (since the passes have less wording on the front this year).

Wow, the meal plan really expanded this season! Many new locations and a much greater variety. As an example last year the plan included a hot dog at Nathans and this year it is two hot dogs with fries. Johnny Rockets includes almost everything on their menu. New items include salads, pork roll, fish n chips, fired shrimp, and turkey leg with fries to name just a few!

We went to the park yesterday and I was really shocked to see up charges of $1 or $2 on certain food items that are on the Season Dining Pass. An example was in Best of the West, a Bacon Cheese Burger is listed as $11.99 and on the dining plan, but if you want bacon on it, that will cost you $1. Same thing in Johnny Rockets and if you want their double burger, that will cost you $2. Who comes up with these idiotic ideas?

The daily drink refills are $4.99 now which seems like a lot when it's still 99 cents for each refill. I'm not sure I could drink 5 or more in one day to make it worth buying. Also this seasons cup looks like it's smaller since it has a super thin lower body but in testing it with last years cup filled completely to the rim, it's only about 2 tablespoons smaller.

I think they did it to add more options. It seems like anything $10.99 or under is not extra and the $11.99 and up items are $1 to $2 extra depending on the price. Maybe when they asked for feedback last year people said they were wiling to pay a little extra for more food or more choices?

Edited by Yoshi

I looked in Johnny Rockets on Saturday and did not see Fish and Chips or Fried shrimp... Did I miss something? Also I don't mind the $1-$2 upcharge for certain items (ex: double cheeseburger makes sense), especially if it will include more items.

I only bought 1 dining pass this year to try it out and I let my kids split the meals (ex: chicken fingers and fries and 2 hot dogs and fries). It actually worked out since I have been trying to lose weight and trying to avoid those items. Still wished they had smaller side salads for $4.99.

But I don't like how I have to wait til 4pm for the 2nd meal. We wanted to leave at 3:30 but decided to wait so we can get another meal.

That was one place I have never eaten at. Thought it was just sausage sandwiches. Even the Gadv website does not show it. Thanks for ther info.

Edited by robertleax

• 2 months later...

I used to go to WaWa either before getting to the park or right after I left to go home probably around 75% of the time I went to the park. I stopped going there after the park added the dining pass.

I usual do a cooler and stop @ Wawa and go out to the car for lunch but Ive had a few random things inside the park this year and I can't complain about anything but the prices. Food was decent. edit: and I'm picky, also.

Edited by boldikus

I've eaten at other parks and comparing, Great Adventures food is actually pretty good. Although some locations are better than others.

Other than good food, their service is faster than most. I was the only one in line to get chicken strips at Kings Dominion and it took 15 minutes.

• 6 months later...