VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Season Pass Dining at Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

I am not sure if this is a systems glitch, an unwritten rule, or something I just didn't know about but I think you have to use your snack option in the park you first visit that day. Last time we went to Hurricane Harbor we were there for lunch. Later in the day we hopped over to the theme park and attempted to use our snack option but we were told they weren't valid. We thought it might have just been that stand but another guy was kind enough to check it out and told us the same thing. We were able to have dinner at the park later in the day but for some reason the snack was blocked out.

On visits to theme park since then everything was OK (snack was avilable) but I haven't tried it again while hopping between parks. Just a heads up!

Yep, although passes are good for admission and parking through the end of Holiday in the Park, the Dining Plan ends at the end of the normal operating season on November 1st. Last year Magic Mountain offered an extension of the plan for a nominal fee after their HITP was announced. I would imagine we will see something similar.

I am not sure if this is a systems glitch, an unwritten rule, or something I just didn't know about but I think you have to use your snack option in the park you first visit that day. Last time we went to Hurricane Harbor we were there for lunch. Later in the day we hopped over to the theme park and attempted to use our snack option but we were told they weren't valid. We thought it might have just been that stand but another guy was kind enough to check it out and told us the same thing. We were able to have dinner at the park later in the day but for some reason the snack was blocked out.

On visits to theme park since then everything was OK (snack was avilable) but I haven't tried it again while hopping between parks. Just a heads up!

Thanks for the warning, when I go to Hurricane Harbor I'll plan on getting a snack on the way out that I can leave in the car before going over to the theme park.

I didn't know that dinner is now valid until 8:00. I also didn't know there were so many snack choices available since not all are listed on the menu boards like at Best of the West.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not supposed to work at any other park.

However, some people have been able to use it at other parks, while others have not. Our current theory is that anyone who bought the dining pass in September 2014 is able to use it at all SF parks. (AKA before the Deluxe Plan, when everyone was auto-upgraded)

I really enjoyed eating at the new Cabana Cove at Hurricane Harbor today. Im glad the dining plan works on most of the items and the Jerk Chicken Sandwhich was extremely good. Plus, i like that the food comes woth potato chips rather than fries like every other restaurant.