VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

August 29th- New "Record Breaking" Attraction Being Announced

Now I'm thinking that Thunder will be gone. And the new pathway will go right where the first drop is that goes under Toro. And I think we'll get maybe a small ride or 2 along the long walk to the tallest Drop Tower in the world. Rumors are saying that the Old Country section will be home to our next coaster, a Wing or B&M's first 4th Dimension Coaster.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not understand why people keep saying that Rolling Thunder is rough. It is a lot smoother than most other wooden coasters that I have been on, especially the left side. It is one of my favorites and I really hope it stays, I guess we will find out on the 29th.

I think I am changing my mind... Before I thought there was no way they would remove Rolling Thunder. But now, after looking at Google Maps I can see where people are coming from when they say Rolling Thunder is leaving. A path leading to Ka would easily fit where RT's first drop currently is. That would clear up so much space for a new area, and many new attractions. It really could help make both areas feel more complete. (And that could help explain why they are in no rush to reopen Rolling Thunder's right side).

I am almost certain this new attraction will not be a coaster. We would have seen some sort of work done already....Whether it be ground clearing or footers being poured. Unless it's a smaller coaster...

One week til we find everything out!

If they do remove rolling thunder, do you think they would have a send off like gasm? Or just close it at the end of the season? And steal beams at te bottom of ka? I think it might be looking good for a drop tower! haha

Edited by gasmspiritblue

From the looks of Ka's "spike" the Drop Tower will most likely be mounted on the front side facing Ka's Station. With the spike's structure the way it is, its the only side it could be attached to. And unless they have the que come in from the back side, guests will be going under the launch again, and knowing how the park re-uses things to save costs, the old que will be re-used.

And with a relatively low cost for a drop tower attached to Ka as the main, new attraction. I think we may be seeing a greatly expanded Golden Kingdom. With Thunder out of the way, the Kingda Ka "dead end" will be no more. A new path under Toro, can link up with the rest of the Kingdom, to a new path to the right of Ka's entrance.

I've seen the support pieces. This is way more than just an "add on" like SFMM's drop ride. The actual spike on Ka is being modified with all new support pieces. From the looks of it, they will be swapping out the center pieces with new ones. Intamin has made these supports.

Edited by Railer

1238745_10152616811959460_1092213027_n.j

I've seen the support pieces. This is way more than just an "add on" like SFMM's drop ride. The actual spike on Ka is being modified with all new support pieces. From the looks of it, they will be swapping out the center pieces with new ones. Intamin has made these supports.

My theory is that they will replace these "K" looking supports--
t66t0p.jpg
with the few laying on the ground that are a "K" as well but with the extra post coming out the front, having the drop ride straight down the center.
Edited by jdc12192

they have room for a path without getting rid of rolling thundr. All they have to do is move kingda kas queue over or just start the drop tower queue next to kingda ka and make a pathway going under kingda ka for the exit ofthe ride and for people wanting to watch.

This is from Screamscape;

2015 - New Coaster - Rumor - (8/19/13) If the rumors are true SFGAdv’s next coaster may be in the works for 2015, and will be located on the former spot of The Chiller. The rumors suggest it may be a B&M coaster project… and if not a Wing coaster, possibly B&M’s first 4th Dimension style ride if they are ready to go ahead with the concept. The theme isn’t known, the area around the ride could become home to a new flat ride or two as well to try and build up this closed off area of the park once again. This is a very long term rumor and a lot can change between now and 2015, so this may only be a placeholder.