VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fly Me to the Moon - new simulator film for 2008

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer even looks horrible.

Changes on the Boardwalk are usually for the worst. Sarjevo Bobsled>GASM, Joust-a-Bout>Sky Pilot>Top-taking-up-too-much-space-and-doesn't-Spin, Parachutes operating at least half the chutes>Parachutes operating one or two chutes, Parachuters Perch name>Edwards Air Force Base Parachute Training Center Jump Tower, Mach I>Dino Island>Sponge Bob>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fly Me to the Moon, Scrambler and Space Shuttle>nothing, and the A Lot>S.U.F. It's the only section I avoid, cringe while I'm walking through and have no fond memories whatsoever.

The Boardwalk section isn't my favorite section either but I loved how it looked when I worked Parachutes in 85 and 86. I think the section was at its best then with the Sarajevo Bobsled, Parachuter's Perch, and Joust-a-bout. Those three attractions were about as mismatched as you could get without a common theme but they were all big hits at the time.

I know I've said this before, but this is also my least favorite area of the park. It's been going downhill since the park opened. They've removed way too many trees to build extremely unattractive structures, there is no coherent theming, and worst of all they built rides in the parking lot. Someone made a series of really bad choices. :wacko:

Fly Me To The Moon (the movie) came in 12th place this weekend and only made $2 million. It didn't help that it was only in 452 theaters nationwide. I didn't realize that it was going to be a limited opening like that, especially since Time magazine just did a big article on how 3-D films are the new up and coming thing (again!).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest warnerleroy

It's been one year with FMTTM, and it seems one year is 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds to long. BRING BACK RIGHT STUFF!!!!!(or atleast theming)

• 3 weeks later...

Probably time for us all to stop speculating about the Right Stuff ever coming back. The movie is no longer relevant, and by the standards of today's simulator movies it isn't really up to snuff anymore. The park is definitely going to keep moving forward with the films and the only way something like that might come back would be another fighter jet simulator with more advanced 3-d capabilities.

Only if we can add that mesmerizing scene from the end of her movie with the tassels:)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="<A href="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="<A href="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">